Respected Contributor

Anybody here recently opened an account for a Q credit card?  I just applied today in order to take advantage of the promised $40 credit.  I got immediate approval and they said I should receive my card in the mail in a few days. 

Just wondering if I need to wait to get the card or if I can start using it right away.  I don't see any indication in my account information about it and have no idea what my account number is. 

Respected Contributor

I have had a Q Card forever and I have no idea what my account number is.  I have a card but I never carry it.  When you place an order, the system will ask you what card you want to use.  I click on the Q Card and have never had to enter an account number.  You could try to order an item and see what happens or contact customer service.   My guess is if you have been approved, you can start adding items to your cart and check out using the Q Card account.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Q Card Question

[ Edited ]

@Suzeecat - I believe you actually have to make a purchase within a specified amount of time in order to qualify for the future $40 credit (which should work out just fine with your card arriving soon). If you want to make a purchase right now, you should be able to do so, but I think you'll have to call in your order to see if the account number has already been applied for you in the QVC system. Or I suppose you can try to check out with an item online and see if the Q Card appears as a payment option. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

When you go to place an order, you will see your Q card listed as one of the payment options.  If it's not there already, it won't take long to see it.  You can click on that, and even set as your default if you wish.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat.  I recently opened a Q card and you receive your account number in two places.  The first place is when your got your initial approval.  They tell you the credit limit and the account number.

The second place for your account number is from your email confirmation of the card. 

You can start using the card right away. 

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Suzeecat.  I recently opened a Q card and you receive your account number in two places.  The first place is when your got your initial approval.  They tell you the credit limit and the account number.

The second place for your account number is from your email confirmation of the card. 

You can start using the card right away. 

My experience has been different.  When I was initially approved, I really didn't notice if there was an account number because I figured it would show up on my Q account, or I would get a confirming email.  The confirming email came, but no account number was included.  So, I called Synchrony and they gave it to me.  I asked about the $40 credit and was told that was a QVC thing and QVC would put the credit on my account.  I went back to the QVC website and entered the account number as a new payment method, then they asked for the activation code!  Eesh!  I need to either call Synchrony back or just wait for the dang card to arrive.  So far no credit on my account either.  It was not this complicated to get my HSN card/credit!

Esteemed Contributor

@Suzeecat - When I got my Q Card last year, I also did not receive my account number in any correspondence and had to wait for my physical card to get that information. Keep in mind that the $40 is a credit that will be available to use on a future QVC purchase and it typically is processed within about 60 days from the time of your original purchase. The credit will only be visible during the checkout process after it has been approved.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the clarification, @loriqvc .  I guess it's too much to ask that QVC explain/clarify the process up front.  Woman Frustrated