Regular Contributor
Anyone surprised not to see Nancy presenting on gem day? Isn't that her area of expertise?
Honored Contributor

@erichu wrote:
Anyone surprised not to see Nancy presenting on gem day? Isn't that her area of expertise?

@erichu 

On her Facebook Page she announced she would be on staycation this week................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@erichu wrote:
Anyone surprised not to see Nancy presenting on gem day?

No. The schedule was released over five weeks ago.

Respected Contributor

I watch very little QVC except I love Gem Days even though I rarely buy jewelry anymore....I have not seen Nancy today and can't remember the last time I saw her.

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I watch very little QVC except I love Gem Days even though I rarely buy jewelry anymore....I have not seen Nancy today and can't remember the last time I saw her.

I really have only watched a few minutes of Gem Day.  Nancy being off this week would explain her absence from the host lineup for the day.  @ellaphant I was shocked to see Nancy live on QVC one morning last week.  Honestly I can't recall if it was QVC or QVC2.  Her hair is very long now, but it looks good.  

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I was definitely surprised that she wasn't there this morning.  

Trusted Contributor

@erichu  I did not watch much of it. But in my opinion by watching Nancy, you would never know she has a degree in gemology. Others do just as well if not better. I also do not care for the way she demonstrates clothing, constantly doing a quick change into the top she is selling.Always reminding us she had to do quick changes when she was singing/acting. Before the pandemic anyway, 

Contributor

It's two weeks later and I cannot recall the last time I saw Nancy on air, it's been months!

Esteemed Contributor

@RetailTherapy31  You made me curious to check Nancy's Facebook page.  She'll be back tomorrow.

She's been posting videos from where she was and I frankly didn't want to watch them. But, based on the one I did watch, she's been on some sort of fellowship in North Carolina (?) working with a small artisan jewelry company in coordination with QVC and Curate.  Or, something like that - like I said, I don't have time to actually watch two weeks worth of videos.  But, you were correct that she's been missing for at least two weeks (I don't know about months though...)

Respected Contributor

Nancy last hosted a show on July 22, 2020 and was on staycation in late July-early August and was working off-air with a Quartae fellowship last week. Today was her first day back on-air.