Frequent Contributor

Names missing from the program guide again

Apparently, the last time they removed the host names from the program guide, the rant wasn't loud enough to put them back on for good. The past several days, I noticed they are gone again. I will not DVR/watch a show unless I know who the host will be. Anyone else agree? 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Names missing from the program guide again

It really makes little difference to me who the host is....90% of the time my TV is muted when I'm watching so I can avoid the nonstop chit chat, especially if there are 2 hosts.  If I'm interested in an item I mostly check it out online and lots of times prior reviews stop me from ordering.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never DVR a show, but it's very annoying not having the hosts listed. I only like to watch a few. I mean, how hard is it to put the stinkin' name in?  Unless it's a static show and I know the host, I'm probably not tuning in. I'm not that commited and like I said, there are only a few hosts I can stand to watch.  It's so obnoxious and there's absolutely no reason to stop putting the names in. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only watch shows when the host(s) is not a detriment to my  shopping. Smiley Very Happy

I don't usually put QVC on just in the background either.  I often record the Christmas decor shows to get a better look than what's online.  Even then, only if I know who the host is first. 

I'm watching less with no names for sure.  

Honored Contributor

I check out the program guide...if the names aren't listed, I just don't watch the program.  If I'm so inclined, I might just briefly click on the program to see who the host is. I find I'm watching less and less these days.

Honored Contributor

I meant to add..........HSN lists the host name, well as guest names.  Can't imagine why QVC can't do the same.

Esteemed Contributor

Considering their multiplicity of issues I can't imagine that someone actually devoted thought to doing this deliberately. 

I'll assume, unless told otherwise,  that it's a typical system foul-up.

Honored Contributor

Don't much care who the host is and I don't know 90% of them anymore anyway.  I check online to see what ITEMS are being sold and if I'm interested, I'll watch the video.  Can't see the point of watching an hour or more!!! of items I have no interest in regardless of who the "host" is.

Respected Contributor

QVC just hired a new "Chief People Officer" Linda Aiello...( you can Google her)..

First order of business...taking names off the schedule to keep the hosts guessing who will survive the inevitable shakeup and RIF ( reduction in force....).

I can hear the grim employee meeting...

Ms. Aiello begins:

"You'll notice there are no names on the upcoming schedules as we decide to right size and re-evaluate hours, schedules, and unfortuneately, head count...

We are constantly striving to provide our customers the best experience, and will be looking at ways to make our presentations more to what the customer demands ( Corporate  double-speak talk for "Don't blame ME when I axe YOU!!!! Blame "the customer"!!!)

We will also be eliminating all current job titles and assignments, will re-post ALL positions for bid, and will be taking your resumes to apply for these exciting new opportunities within our organization!!! Stay tuned!!!"

She leaves the room, to stunned silence.

Think it can't happen? My company, a national Utility, "eliminated" ALL our existing jobs ( although you kept working) re-posted them and made us "re-apply" for the newly named same old positions...not only to reapply,  we had to do "role playing" in front of a five person "team" who evaluated who would stay on and who would not.

I made it. But I never fooled myself for a second.

It was a legal way to say EVERYONE could reapply, if they didn't make it, "they had the chance to interview with us and we decided they no longer fit our organization's goal"

The company KNEW who they wanted to keep before this charade was enacted.

This was 2002. I was hired in 1979. I made it until 2013, and retired after 34 years.

Trusted Contributor

@Othereeeen  I think you have such a great insight into what might b happening @ the Q & I'm sure Linda Aiello is on her roller skates going from one meeting to another & putting out fires as she goes.  My remembrance is the hosts are under contract so it might be a little harder to ruffle their feathers than other staff.