Respected Contributor

I know there are supply issues, but home type stores I shop at are packed with new things, yet I have seen only a handful of new things from the Valerie Parr Hill shows. I am not blaming Valerie but what happened this year? It seems 90% of her holiday shows have been clearance or sale of things presented in years past.  This is the first year I have not purchased one thing from her shows. Today she did have Norfolk pine picks that were new,but  $55.00 plus $5.50 shipping is outrageous.  And I think most of us longtime viewers have enough lanterns to last a lifetime.

She mentioned Nov. 8 will be her last holiday show and I doubt they held back new for that last show. I had her 2 shows on today but saw nothing I would even think about, so boring. I guess they cleaned out their warehouse, somewhat, but I didn't bite.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is the new from VPH?

@Catch71    Seems to me like you ought to be asking Valerie, which is easy to do on social media.  I'm sure your fellow customers have no idea.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I know there are supply issues, but home type stores I shop at are packed with new things, yet I have seen only a handful of new things from the Valerie Parr Hill shows. I am not blaming Valerie but what happened this year? It seems 90% of her holiday shows have been clearance or sale of things presented in years past.  This is the first year I have not purchased one thing from her shows. Today she did have Norfolk pine picks that were new,but  $55.00 plus $5.50 shipping is outrageous.  And I think most of us longtime viewers have enough lanterns to last a lifetime.

She mentioned Nov. 8 will be her last holiday show and I doubt they held back new for that last show. I had her 2 shows on today but saw nothing I would even think about, so boring. I guess they cleaned out their warehouse, somewhat, but I didn't bite.

I think she brought most of her new items for Christmas in July. I bought quite a few. I really didn't need them but I couldn't resist. I will enjoy decorating with them. Now is the time to pick up some of the 'old' pieces because QVC usually offers them at a great price. I agree about the lanterns. I have 2 in each room. No more lanterns......for awhile Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

As I watched her shows today, I also wondered the same thing!  Seems like the items were left overs from her July Xmas shows...

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71I agree with you...only a handful of new the last 2 months.

I ordered this group of 3 trees during a show last month and they went to back order the next day...I cancelled them after a few days.

She said she only has one more show before Christmas...on Nov 8th.

I didn't want to buy anything today.....

Super Contributor

I felt the same. It was a disappointment today.

Respected Contributor

@10000thnickname wrote:

I felt the same. It was a disappointment today.

I'm tired of her schtick. If she insists on hawking imported goods she should price them appropriately. $55 for a few pine picks? Ridiculous. I will shop at Michaels.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever 

An on-line craft store sells those same ‘picks’ for 85 cents a piece.

Respected Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

I think she brought most of her new items for Christmas in July. I bought quite a few. I really didn't need them but I couldn't resist. I will enjoy decorating with them. Now is the time to pick up some of the 'old' pieces because QVC usually offers them at a great price. I agree about the lanterns. I have 2 in each room. No more lanterns......for awhile Smiley Very Happy

Well, I don't watch the holiday shows in July, so I guess I missed out. 

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

As I watched her shows today, I also wondered the same thing!  Seems like the items were left overs from her July Xmas shows...

I really didn't watch in July. I think a lot seemed like things from last year. I know a few things were from a year ago, thus the number available were limited.