Honored Contributor

I've had excellent results with my As Is purchases!

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  I shop AS IS a lot. Not clothes so much because it seems to be mostly S and XS, which were likely clothes used for the models in the shows. No problem there, but I am a M. I shop there mostly for home stuff and find many items that I have ordered. I did recently find a DandB handbag for $100 off and purchased it.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I was under the impression returned items were resold as new unless there was something wrong with it.  As Is are items used for presentations, slight flaws, packaging issues, etc. not necessarily normal undamaged returns.  I ordered Valerie candlesticks on As Is, they were red and the color red was darker on one than the other.  I cannot display them together, so I gave one away and just display one.  That was my only experience with As Is.

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Recently I have ordered 2 pair of shoes AS IS and I have been very happy with them both.

I have been keeping an eye on AS IS items regularly.  In the clothing line I see a certain brand with lots of AS IS items.  To me this means that there is a problem with that certain vendor items.  It has to be more than just a few returns reasons such as fit, color, size, etc.  I am mentioning this because I saw a post about someone getting a questionaire about the Logo product.  Maybe the number of returns is why the questionaire received focused on Logo.

I check out AS IS for a specific brand Belle by Kim Gravel.  There seems to be very few in stock, which tells me most are happy with their items.

Do you think I am correct in this thinking?

Vendors who sell more merchandise than others will of course have more returns.  

Respected Contributor

I’ve had great 👍🏿 luck with “as is” items, especially gold jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Re: My take on AS IS

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie

You could be right....a lot of AS IS does cause one to pause....this could be stock they put on sale and couldnt sell it, or customer returns which isnt a good sign either (some folks on the forums said her stuff made them look pregnant)

Back in 2016 there was a sales shortfall in fashion, QVC sent out a survey thinking that perhaps some customers were buying from Amazon instead of QVC, since Amazon had just started their apparel business....But the survey results revealed that wasn't the case... Q customers were buying things like pet food and other merchandise that QVC didn't even offer-So the results revealed that QVC customers just weren't buying that clothing line....the actual designer/line was not revealed....

Personally Im not a fan of LOGO but seeing it presented on fashion shows it appears that the style is always the same so perhaps some customers have grown tired of the brand....

Not really a fan of Kim Gravel's line either....but in the second quarter in 2017 these brands were listed in Q's financial reports as being strong in sales...

Quoting from the financial reports from QVC's parent company:

"We're seeing continued strength in our comfort casual brands, including Cuddl Duds, Barefoot Dreams and our proprietary Anybody label, new apparel brands, Belle by Kim Gravel and Peace Love World and established brands Susan Graver and Women With Control. Intimate apparel and sleepwear had strong results, led by Carole Hochman and Spanx."

Other clothing lines weren't mentioned..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't purchased clothing, but have purchased other AS IS items--Valerie Parr Hill is one category and I have been pleased with my puchases!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Catch71

This is the definition of AS IS from the website---

AS-IS PRODUCTS

What A Steal

Score low prices on as-is prodcuts like customer returns, vendor samples, discontinued inventory, and on-air displays

What a Steal

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  Thanks for the explanation.  I thought customer returns went right back into the regular inventory.  Sometimes I receive shoes (not as is) with wrinkled tissue, and dissheveled cardboard liners, etc. that look like they were a return.  Perhaps it depends on the condition of the return?  

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Spurt  Thanks for the explanation.  I thought customer returns went right back into the regular inventory.  Sometimes I receive shoes (not as is) with wrinkled tissue, and dissheveled cardboard liners, etc. that look like they were a return.  Perhaps it depends on the condition of the return?  

@Catch71

I totally understand what you are saying. Well what is supposed to happen and what does happen sometimes are two different things....I too have received what was SUPPOSED TO BE NEW, but you can tellthey were customer returns re-sold as new.....Woman Frustrated  Who knows what guidelines they follow....