Trusted Contributor
Never noticed that as an issue....talking at hyper speed yes, mumbling no... And there is only one repeat offender and it's not a host.
Valued Contributor

II've often wondered, are the hosts evaluated at times by management or each other, or even us the viewers?  Or do they get "tenure" like school teachers used to get after 10 yrs then they are virtually un-fireable??  anyone know?

Regular Contributor

Kerstin is the worst! I don't get it- she needs a stylist quick- "ummmm" is her favorite word I don't like seeing her presentations it's anxiety driven - not cool or calm or collected

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Different people like different hosts.  There is a reason your remote control has the ability to change channels.

Isn't it the truth, but, you see, the problem is mine never seems to want to land on this one anymore...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

OMG! Yes!  Why, oh why, does evine allow this?  There is so much talent out there - one would think evine would have a ton of replacement options.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby no kidding?

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Her speed is awesome, but Amy can do better. She is speedy, does not enunciate, and with baby girl inflections up and down, congratulations if you get it. 

I even tried Captions On and they talked too fast for that.  If you're going to sell, the Q ought to recognize it's important to be understood. And of course, we can't hang out if we can't understand. 

I know what you mean about Amy and the frenzied way she hosts her shows, I liked her better when she was LR's side kick. The Q has to ruin their hosts by giving them their own shows and too much air time. Wonder if she'll get kicked to the curb when people have had enough of the LOGO brand.

Respected Contributor

There's a possibility that some of us are experiencing small amounts of hearing loss.

http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/hearing/Pages/Age-Related-Hearing-Loss.aspx

What is age-related hearing loss?

Age-related hearing loss (presbycusis) is the loss of hearing that gradually occurs in most of us as we grow older. It is one of the most common conditions affecting older and elderly adults.

Approximately one in three people in the United States between the ages of 65 and 74 has hearing loss, and nearly half of those older than 75 have difficulty hearing. Having trouble hearing can make it hard to understand and follow a doctor’s advice, respond to warnings, and hear phones, doorbells, and smoke alarms. Hearing loss can also make it hard to enjoy talking with family and friends, leading to feelings of isolation.

Age-related hearing loss most often occurs in both ears, affecting them equally. Because the loss is gradual, if you have age-related hearing loss you may not realize that you’ve lost some of your ability to hear.

There are many causes of age-related hearing loss. Most commonly, it arises from changes in the inner ear as we age, but it can also result from changes in the middle ear, or from complex changes along the nerve pathways from the ear to the brain. Certain medical conditions and medications may also play a role.

May not be "them".

May not be "them".