Honored Contributor

Dark haired Maria is not the only model who does not show the garments to the best of her ability. I don't know why they are handled with kid gloves the way they are either. The vendor can't even touch the clothes they are paid to show without their verbal permission on air.Just walk and turn and show us how the clothes work and look

Honored Contributor

I'm sure that Maria is just doing what she's told, so don't blame her. The powers-that-be want us to see the tall, thin models from all angles (b/c it's good for sales), but unfortunately not the more average-sized ones.  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor
It is manners for the vendors/designer to ask permission to touch...I have never heard anyone say no:-)
Honored Contributor

If she doesn't turn to show all sides of the garment, Q might as well hire a mannequin, right?

Honored Contributor

maria has worn plenty of colors other than just black.

mc1.jpeg

ldo1.jpg

mc2.jpeg

mc3.jpeg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

She sure doesn't move much and rarely cracks a smile.  Shows no personality.  No wonder she's bored... and it shows. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Yes, and if a garment has pockets, she always, always keeps her hands in the pockets. 

Esteemed Contributor

POsters trash the show hosts, then it was time to trash the vendor reps.  NOw it's time to pick on the models.  Seems like people are running out of QVC staff to pick on.  MAybe next week can be criticize the camera man week.

Esteemed Contributor
Now that you mention it @KathyPet, I've longed for better camera work.
I want lingering close shots so we can "feel with our eyes" jewelery, leather, the texture of fabrics, especially the tightness or loseness of knits and woven fabrics.
However, I don't join in the hate QVC, hate hosts, hate programming, etc.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Model Maria

[ Edited ]

@SKathyPet wrote:

POsters trash the show hosts, then it was time to trash the vendor reps.  NOw it's time to pick on the models.  Seems like people are running out of QVC staff to pick on.  MAybe next week can be criticize the camera man week.

LOL! How about criticizing the men who photograph the makeup with the cases shut or caps on the tubes! A woman, who buys makeup herself, wouldn't take photos like that. Sometimes the only shot of the color is in the big photo and hard to see. Yes, let's bash the employees behind the scenes! Also the stylist that sent Jackie out in a tight bra in IM TSV, that was bad.