Frequent Contributor

Has anyone ever noticed all the other models turn and move so we can see the garment at different angles, and all Maria ever does is stand there with her right knee bent?

Respected Contributor

Never noticed, but now that you mention it...

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed but will now pay attention.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The answer always lies in WHAT SELLS?  I believe very often the answer also relies more on fantasy than reality.especially when it comes to women buying clothing and beauty;  Why else would a huge percentage of all models, not limited at all to QVC, be taller than average and much thinner than average and much younger than many potential buyers?

I'm trying to remember how old I was before I carried my own mirror when I was shopping because far too many stores don't have three-ways or any way at all to show the posterior view!

Esteemed Contributor

I personally think she does a good job modeling the clothes they put on her  ... GREAT JOB MARIA!!!!

Occasional Contributor

If you are talking about the dark rair Maria, I wish they would use her more often.  If the outfit looks good on Maria it will look good on me.  If it doesn't, I hesitate to buy it. Most of the models are a size 1 or 2 and they would look good in a gunny sack.  I would like to see more real size models as well as the small size models.

Honored Contributor

Yes... she is not a very good model at all... just stands there with on foot positioned out. Why is she there at all if not to show the clothes???

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I personally think she does a good job modeling the clothes they put on her  ... GREAT JOB MARIA!!!!

She just stands there... she does not do a great job at all.. why say that... just to be nice?

Super Contributor

My issue, and I am sure it is not Maria's choice, is that she is almost always dressed in black.  I find black almost impossible to view on tv and so all I see is black hair, black body, black shoes.  No details.  And then, many times, she is positioned toward the back of the stage.  Impossible to see whatever she's modeling.  I would appreciate it if they would use colors other than black on her. 

Respected Contributor

LOL, funny you say that, as my mom says the same thing when she's on there.