Respected Contributor

Re: Maybe they should lower the host's salary instead of..

On 4/8/2015 Nightowlz said:

The employees don't need a pay cut. If anything the head honchos need to take a pay cut. That's where all the money goes.

I agree. The hosts certainly don't set the prices for what they sell. Those decisions are made by people who make the host's salaries look like chump change. Don't shoot the messenger - I think that hosts have a very challenging job and are held accountable for their performance in terms of sales statistics, social media popularity, etc.

Valued Contributor

QVC better not lower their salary, I be looking for a new job quick, fast and in a HURRY if any employer did that to me.

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 IControlMyHappiness said:

QVC better not lower their salary, I be looking for a new job quick, fast and in a HURRY if any employer did that to me.

Then you'd better keep your options wide open and your "network" up-to-date, because it's happened to a lot of people who were given the choice of a pay cut or losing their jobs.

Many people aren't lucky enough to be able to jump from one job to another. If you are, count your blessings. On the other hand, depending on how long you've been in your job and how out of touch you are with the marketplace now, you might be in for a shock, if it ever happens to you.

"There but for the grace of God......"

Honored Contributor

From what I have seen, there is nothing on the Q that I would need to stay alive. They have things that I would like to have, but nothing that is necessary.

My solution for you: If you can't afford the Q's prices, stop buying. No one should have to worry about their salary being cut in order for more people to buy unnesessary things.

Honored Contributor

The hosts are all under a contract with the salary set in their contract. At contract renewal time that is all renegotiated.

Even if they lowered the salaries of the hosts when the time came, I would guess prices wouldn't get lower. Their bottom line would just increase.

Super Contributor

So you think they are raising prices because they are struggling to pay the host's salary?!? There are what......15-20 hosts. Their salaries/benefits are a drop in the bucket compared to the revenues Q is hauling in! I agree reeks of jealousy to me too....smh.
~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe q should quit throwing the Hollywood parties and quit paying to entertain the 1%.

Q could also stop paying for commercials on other channels.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/8/2015 lldaisy said:
On 4/8/2015 Pook said:

How would you feel if the place you worked did that to you??? They were hired at a certain salary and fair is fair that is what they should get regardless of what anyone thinks. We all would like such great paying jobs and we could go after them also if we had the right skills to get hired. Smacks a bit of jealously. I want lower prices so cut the workers salaries!!!

Actually it did happen to us, My husband had a great job for over 20 years with insurance, when the economy went down he had to take a big pay cut and ending up losing his job. He has found another one, less then half of what he made and we have no insurance, and almost lost our home. No I am not jealous, but things are not the same today, everyone is making less because of the economy. I was simply noticing that Q has raised all the prices on everything, and what I see and read here about the hosts, it doesn't seem fair to everyone.

Who ever said life is fair? I've been where you are, so I know it's hard, but it's life.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2015 betteb said:
On 4/8/2015 lldaisy said:
On 4/8/2015 Pook said:

How would you feel if the place you worked did that to you??? They were hired at a certain salary and fair is fair that is what they should get regardless of what anyone thinks. We all would like such great paying jobs and we could go after them also if we had the right skills to get hired. Smacks a bit of jealously. I want lower prices so cut the workers salaries!!!

Actually it did happen to us, My husband had a great job for over 20 years with insurance, when the economy went down he had to take a big pay cut and ending up losing his job. He has found another one, less then half of what he made and we have no insurance, and almost lost our home. No I am not jealous, but things are not the same today, everyone is making less because of the economy. I was simply noticing that Q has raised all the prices on everything, and what I see and read here about the hosts, it doesn't seem fair to everyone.

Who ever said life is fair? I've been where you are, so I know it's hard, but it's life.

You are right , yes I am human and have all the emotions, so Jealous? I don't think so, I wouldn't give up my kids or dogs for that kind of life, I think I am OK. But you are right about life is not fair. I understand that, maybe i didn't word it right, not good at that yet, but I will keep trying.

Regular Contributor

In no disrespect, but your post reads envious all the way to the vacations the Hosts take!

I can't imagine one person who would not like to pay LESS for their electric/gas bill, their food bill, or their cable bill, cell phone bill, doctor's and dentist's bill, etc. How about their health insurance costs...I sure would love to pay a LOT less on that!

How about lowering the pay for ALL the employees that work for these businesses just so we all could pay less? Would that make sense?

Then...people make less, people spend less, the economy and housing goes on a downward spiral again with jobs LOST. Would you want to see that happen again? As well...would that make sense?

That does not mean that we have to begrudge another for making money to do their job. Or count their dollars (that you really have no idea of what they make). Now...IMO, that makes good sense. Thanks for letting me share my point of view too.