Occasional Contributor

Re: Maybe they should lower the host's salary instead of..

Don't believe the rumors about what the on air reps make. The starting salary is around $65k a year. The senior ""hosts"" can make middle six figures but that is the exception.

Honored Contributor

The employees don't need a pay cut. If anything the head honchos need to take a pay cut. That's where all the money goes.

Respected Contributor

I have no idea what the hosts make nor do I listen to what others say they earn. That is their personal business.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Karnerblue said:

I have no idea what the hosts make nor do I listen to what others say they earn. That is their personal business.

I know. I always smh when people act like they know what someone's life is like and how much they make. They have no clue really and it really isn't anyone's business.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 4/8/2015 lldaisy said:
On 4/8/2015 Pook said:

How would you feel if the place you worked did that to you??? They were hired at a certain salary and fair is fair that is what they should get regardless of what anyone thinks. We all would like such great paying jobs and we could go after them also if we had the right skills to get hired. Smacks a bit of jealously. I want lower prices so cut the workers salaries!!!

Actually it did happen to us, My husband had a great job for over 20 years with insurance, when the economy went down he had to take a big pay cut and ending up losing his job. He has found another one, less then half of what he made and we have no insurance, and almost lost our home. No I am not jealous, but things are not the same today, everyone is making less because of the economy. I was simply noticing that Q has raised all the prices on everything, and what I see and read here about the hosts, it doesn't seem fair to everyone.

We went through a similar situation so I understand where you are coming from but I certainly would not wish what I went through on others. The prices of EVERYTHING has gone up from the grocery stores to the clothing stores to the car repair shop but I don't expect others to have to take a pay cut in order to keep prices lower. This is just the way of the world- prices are always bound to go up.

I do not wish anything bad on anyone, Yes many things have gone up in price I agree, but many people now days also have had to take a pay cut. Sorry if you all take it the wrong way....

Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Nightowlz said:

The employees don't need a pay cut. If anything the head honchos need to take a pay cut. That's where all the money goes.

Yes, you are probably right.

Super Contributor

....and if the higher Q prices are becoming an issue, we have the 'power' to stop or reduce our purchases. Nothing speaks louder than a drop in revenue for a business. It use to be more convenient to shop from home, but with so many brick and mortar stores offering deals and no shipping, there is considerable competition out there.

I just purchased a new spring comforter from The Company Store online. It was on sale, I had an extra 20% coupon on top of that, and free shipping offer--wow.

Let's see if the higher prices work out for the Q.

Trusted Contributor

shopping channels don't sell anything that is a necessity. They sell a lot of impulse items, really high priced gourmet food, clothing that can be found anywhere for far less, shoes that can be bought for a lot less at clearance or online outlet stores like 6pm.

So, yes, their prices are high, but I couldn't care less because they sell nothing I need. If it's something I Want, then that's a different story. I would have to decide whether or not I want it badly enough to pay their prices,

I think they also have a lot of returns that B&M stores don't so they charge more to make up for that. Clothing that can be tried on in the store has less chance of being returned. Food is most likely not something people take home and consume, then go back to the store and want their money back.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Trusted Contributor

Many interesting points, and thanks to you all who do not judge harshly and state your opinions in a nice way. It is nice to know that you can have a discussion without being mean to others. I did not mean what i said in a mean way, but everyone is being affected in the economy today in some way.

Regular Contributor

I can understand a bit of what lldaisy is saying. There are a lot of people in this world that work very hard and perhaps two jobs to stay afloat in these economics hard times. And a lot of them work way harder than just selling things on the tv. I'm by no means jealous of what these hosts get. But when companies see what Americans are willing to pay for these days, they feel their prices are justified. As it goes for some salaries that are paid to certain employees. If they see people paying $5.00 for a cup of coffee (or more) going to the movies for $10.00 a ticket (or more) price of cars ( which so many are over the top in car payments) Outrageous phone bills each month, you get my drift, it's no wonder businesses charge what they do, they feel that we will buy just about anything these days for what ever they want to charge, and that's okay by most American consumers and the companies get their price for it. People will always buy what they want that's a given, but how can we complain when so many are willing to spend their hard earned dollars for stuff they really don't need, in the long run, when you really think about it.