Trusted Contributor

Maybe they should lower the host's salary instead of..

Raising all the prices!! I know they work hard but really from what I have read here about how much they make they it's crazy! They always seem to have the best of everything and vacation all the time. I know they work a lot, but who doesn't now days. Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

Re: Maybe they should lower the host's salary instead of..

How would you feel if the place you worked did that to you??? They were hired at a certain salary and fair is fair that is what they should get regardless of what anyone thinks. We all would like such great paying jobs and we could go after them also if we had the right skills to get hired. Smacks a bit of jealously. I want lower prices so cut the workers salaries!!!

Super Contributor

No one should have their salary reduced to make someone else happy. I know I wouldn't want mine or my husband's reduced. He works too hard. We don't flaunt our vacations or the things that we buy though. We just go and enjoy them. Being in the spotlight, the hosts sometimes like to engage the customers in their lives so they have a sense of connection to us. I hope that makes sense :-)

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Pook said:

How would you feel if the place you worked did that to you??? They were hired at a certain salary and fair is fair that is what they should get regardless of what anyone thinks. We all would like such great paying jobs and we could go after them also if we had the right skills to get hired. Smacks a bit of jealously. I want lower prices so cut the workers salaries!!!

no doubt. What a ridiculous statement and definitely one based from jealousy.

Respected Contributor

Some of the remarks made by posters make you go wanna go 'what' ????

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Cutting the hosts out all together probably wouldn't decrease prices significantly. Have you thought about how many $$$ in sales QVC racks up every day?

Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Pook said:

Actually it did happen to us, My husband had a great job for over 20 years with insurance, when the economy went down he had to take a big pay cut and ending up losing his job. He has found another one, less then half of what he made and we have no insurance, and almost lost our home. No I am not jealous, but things are not the same today, everyone is making less because of the economy. I was simply noticing that Q has raised all the prices on everything, and what I see and read here about the hosts, it doesn't seem fair to everyone.

Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2015 lldaisy said:
On 4/8/2015 Pook said:

Actually it did happen to us, My husband had a great job for over 20 years with insurance, when the economy went down he had to take a big pay cut and ending up losing his job. He has found another one, less then half of what he made and we have no insurance, and almost lost our home. No I am not jealous, but things are not the same today, everyone is making less because of the economy. I was simply noticing that Q has raised all the prices on everything, and what I see and read here about the hosts, it doesn't seem fair to everyone.

I'm sorry that you were having financial difficulties, but you can't expect others to pay for what you have gone through. I am sure there are people that have lost their home, car and much more.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Karnerblue said:
On 4/8/2015 Pook said:

I'm sorry that you were having financial difficulties, but you can't expect others to pay for what you have gone through. I am sure there are people that have lost their home, car and much more.

Yes their are many people who have lost a lot, i do not expect others to pay, just that they raised the prices on everything, it has nothing to do with me , we are doing just fine, I just think from what i have read here, they make a crazy amount of money. Everyone works hard and a lot now days!

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Pook said:

We went through a similar situation so I understand where you are coming from but I certainly would not wish what I went through on others. The prices of EVERYTHING has gone up from the grocery stores to the clothing stores to the car repair shop but I don't expect others to have to take a pay cut in order to keep prices lower. This is just the way of the world- prices are always bound to go up.