Valued Contributor

Why has Mary Nelson been banished to the netherworld?  I never see her on the main Q station anymore.  I remember one of the first times seeing her she was with Valerie Parr Hill and this was before Christmas and I thought her hosting style with Valerie was great. Never seen her since on any of the shows I normally watch, which are mainly kitchen and sometimes You're Home With Jill type shows.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the power that be finally saw one of her shows and couldn't stand the up talking. 

Valued Contributor
Everyone looks at hosting on Q2 as a bad thing but I’ve always looked at it like they’ve put the more likable hosts there while they try to grow that channel.

I watch Q2 way more than the main channel.
Trusted Contributor

Because her voice is annoying. 

Honored Contributor

I don't consider Q2 to be the "Siberia" of home shopping locations.  It's just another option and everyone seems to spend time there.  I watch it a lot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@giddy up - I agree—I thought the pairing of Mary and Valerie was great, and they seemed to really enjoy sharing a "Southern gals" connection and point of view that made the show lighthearted and warm.

Super Contributor

Re: Mary Nelson

[ Edited ]
Thought I was the only one who could not take her voice, very shaky she sounds like older Katherine Hepburn.
Valued Contributor

For some reason I get Mary Nelson and Katie McGee confused.   

Trusted Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

For some reason I get Mary Nelson and Katie McGee confused.   

They have a similiar look, but the similarity ends there. Katie McGee has a very pleasant voice and a  poised, polished, and flawless presentation. While Mary is very nice and does a thorough presentation, I think she needs to work with a voice coach to illiminate the shakiness in her voice that pops up intermittently and makes her hard to listen to. I mean this criticism in the nicest possible way because I do like Mary as a host.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
What is up talking?