Honored Contributor

Mary Nelson has not been “banished.”  QVC has given her regular shows, and more & more time slots.  Q2 features shows with all the hosts at some time or another, in fact, programming has gotten better & better there.  It is a great channel to watch/shop when Q1 has a host I cannot bear, or products I am not interested in at all.

As for Mary Nelson, she has blossomed into a fantastic host.

Respected Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:
What is up talking?

@AngelLove2: Uptalking is when someone ends every statement in the form of a question, their voice rises every time they speak. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mary Nelson

[ Edited ]

@AngelLove2 wrote:
What is up talking?

@AngelLove2 Some things need to be heard to be understood but I'll give it a whirl. Her sentences end with her voice going up in pitch and sound like she's asking a question instead of making a statement. Sometimes it's three quarters of the way through the sentence it happens, then she takes a breath and finishes the sentence. Maybe someone else can explain it better, that's the best I can do. Listen to her for an hour and you'll see for yourself what it is. As for the quiver in her voice, I thought she had gotten over that hump while back but haven't watched her lately.

Oh I see Diva on the Q gave a more concise answer while I was typing mine.

Honored Contributor

I like Mary, but her voice sounds like she's very nervous.  Other than that, she does a good job of presenting without much nonsensical chatter.

Valued Contributor
Thanks for the info.
Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Mary Nelson has not been “banished.”  QVC has given her regular shows, and more & more time slots.  Q2 features shows with all the hosts at some time or another, in fact, programming has gotten better & better there.  It is a great channel to watch/shop when Q1 has a host I cannot bear, or products I am not interested in at all.

As for Mary Nelson, she has blossomed into a fantastic host.

Mary is on QVC main a couple of mornings a week.  Usually from 6 to 9 I think.  I think she is a good host. 

Honored Contributor
I just saw Mary Nelson on QVC main channel either this week or the very end of last week.
Honored Contributor

I wonder if they changed Katie's hair style to a straighter style to help differentiate Katie from Mary since they do have a similar look especially when they had the same hairstyles.....Katie is a very good host 

I prefer Mary Nelson's voice over Stacey's nasal one...Stacey sounds like she has a cold or is holding her nose as she talks.....And Amy's voice is like finger nails on a chalkboard to me...Kerstin seems to be auditioning for an auctioneer job she talks so fast....

I like both Katie and Mary Nelson....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
Everyone looks at hosting on Q2 as a bad thing but I’ve always looked at it like they’ve put the more likable hosts there while they try to grow that channel.

I watch Q2 way more than the main channel.

@hippiechick7897 

Yes, sometimes the Q2 program lineup is better than the main channel....But the problem is a lot of cable systems don't have Q2 and people refuse to stream the channel because of data cap limits, or buffering issues, or other reasons.....so less people watch that channel so many consider it a second class channel....   

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

Why has Mary Nelson been banished to the netherworld?  I never see her on the main Q station anymore.  I remember one of the first times seeing her she was with Valerie Parr Hill and this was before Christmas and I thought her hosting style with Valerie was great. Never seen her since on any of the shows I normally watch, which are mainly kitchen and sometimes You're Home With Jill type shows.

@giddy up 

She was very good with Jim Shore and on the Q2 Saturday Fashion shows...