Frequent Contributor

Lunchtime specials now only one day

Did antone know that qvc changed lunchtime specials today. Copied this from website.

Lunchtime Specials®
Lunchtime Specials®

Hot deals launch daily & expire at 11:59pm ET

Another bad change for qvc customers. D it wasn't there yesterday as I was thinking about ring I saw and today it is no longer lunchtime special. And deals listed today and not really seals any longer just what I would call sale prices. Guess QVC would rather hold on to limited merchandise rather than moving inventory
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lunchtime specials now only one day

I don't know if their goal is to get rid of the items or just get people to check out the website everyday.  I hate that they will no longer match a lunchtime special price.  I had two items recently that were greatly reduced to a lunchtime special after I bought them less than 30 days ago.  I still have a few things coming, but I am going to take a break from watching and buying.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

There was only one Lunchtime Special yesterday, a baking dish, so I wondered if they were going to change the setup—and this approach is how the Primetime Specials have been structured since they returned.

If they actually had great deals, I think this idea works fine, but it's rare to find a truly "special" bargain anymore. Perhaps if they're offering such a small quantity of sales in this category each day, they could offer free shipping or a flat rate of $2 shipping per item or something to entice buyers. Years ago, I'd be bummed if I forgot to check the specials twice a day, but lately, I can be pretty confident I wouldn't really miss anything.

Super Contributor

I noticed the expiring time yesterday when I ordered the Cuddl Duds 3 pc outfit for $28.99...Glad I ordered then because today it is $46.99

Respected Contributor

I originally thought lunchtime specials for just one day. But then I kept seeing the same sorry stuff on there multiple days in a row. I think they use it to get rid of items they can't sell or that have very little inventory left.

Frequent Contributor

They lasted a week until yesterday (Monday-Sunday)and added new items everyday and the items were normally marked down quite a bit ( some items better than others ) but definitely more than 20% which would be an okay sale price anywhere else
Honored Contributor

When they first started LTS it was always for one day from 11-4.  Then they had it pretty much all week.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe if they keep it just 1 day, they will actually mark them down!

Trusted Contributor

@why again I actually much prefer they limit the Lunchtime deals to just that, during that one day at Lunchtime. By the end of the week I get tired of sifting through which one's are new and which are from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Etc. 

This is how it was offered when they first introduced Lunchtime Specials. I find the LS are better deals than TSV's, As Is, and Bonus Buys. However, they are usually limited in sizes, colors, etc. It's like going to a clearance rack with an extra % off at retail stores, limited quantities. 

@Zhills @loriqvc  The Lunchtime Specials ARE marked down, by quite a bit. I have gotten amazing deals on these LS. When the sale ends they return to a much higher price. I do find the Primetime Specials aren't usually reduced as much as the Lunchime deals though. 

Esteemed Contributor

Lately, some of them have been shown with original price!  

I have gotten some great deals also!  Not lately!

A coat I bought for $29.95 as a LTS is now $147 on the page!