Respected Contributor

Re: Love new Host Mary Nelson !

I saw her this morning and really enjoyed her show. I wish them all well. I couldn't be a host. 

Frequent Contributor

I think she is so pretty and doing such a great job!

I actually like all 3 Mary...QVC has such a wonderful Marys Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Happened to catch her with Bob Mackie during a late night show.

She was cute with him; very respectful and allowed him to talk. He

seemed to respond well to her - they made a good team and were

enjoyable to watch.  Hoping to see her on at times other than 2am!

I think she'll turn out to be one of the better hosts...

Super Contributor

I like Mary Nelson but I have one little suggestion. I wish she could cut down on the use of what speech experts call "HRT or high rising terminal"  This is when your voice goes up like a question when you're actually making a statement.

I don't know if any one passes these ideas on to a host but this is just a suggestion  as to how Mary's presentation would be better for me.

Honored Contributor

I tuned in this morning and at first glance thought it was Katie McGee. Then I realized it was Mary.

My only issue has to do with her speech as well.  She has a tendency to drag out words and that quickly becomes annoying.   

Super Contributor

finally got a chance to see her overnight tonight; I think she is a keeper! She did a Susan Graver clearance show and then a philosophy show and I think she did a great job.

I did notice on the SG clearance show that she hasn't picked up the little "trick" yet of featuring the color/pattern that has the most quantity in. For example she focused on a print in a pant they were selling and it was almost completely sold out; while the other prints had a lot more quantity. I think that is probably something that will come with time. Smiley Happy

happy she's there and glad to have her in the rotation!

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

Mary Nelson was very good as the host of Jim Shore's Show.  She was calm, and respectful and let Jim speak and tell his stories, and she even added in some good comments related to Jim's work......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

Mary needs to stop the "mmh, mmh" after every comment made by the vendor. It is really annoying!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree.  I am all about the voice and speech and hers just doesn't do it for me.  She seems really nice but the way she drags her words out and the odd inflections in her voice makes her sound unsure of herself.

Regular Contributor

I agree about the voice.  I have listened to her several times but I just couldn't pin point what was bothering me.  I think over time she will be fine, I think she will do a good job.

It is what it is!!!