Trusted Contributor

cancel an order& return to sender

[ Edited ]

I ordered something with the wrong size...I tried to cancel just a few hours later...it told me I couldn't because in was "in process"     now it's 4 days later, and it still has NOT shipped and still says " in process"  each day I have tried to cancel.   When it gets here, whenever

that will be,  I am thinking of not opening it and marking it return to sender....once I open it will cost me 6.95 to return it....that's a rip off......anyone here not opened a pkg. and marked it

return to sender??  What happened when you do that?

QVC Customer Care

Re: cancel an order& return to sender

Hi @mishka14 It is always best to use the return label. If you mark it return to sender it may not be able to be tracked if we do not receive it. It is up to the shipper to either mark tracking as return to sender of not mark it. 

Occasional Contributor

Funny, I was actually told by customer service to return to sender. Now I'm confused?

Esteemed Contributor

@mishka14  I wonder if you wouldn't have been able to just edit the order if it had only been a couple of hours?  I've done that on more than one occasion.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Same experience. Tracking said it was delivered when it was not. Called CS, they placed a new order. Original order arrived. I called CS to cancel. Was told it couldn't be cancelled even tho it sits "in process' for days!! Was told to try 'Return to Sender' or just put the new label on it & take to USPS.

QVC HAS THE WORST SHIPPING!! 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @mishka14, I can understand your confusion. You can mark it return to sender and most are received, however if for some reason it is not received we may not be able to track it or verify it was returned. 

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

@mishka14  I wonder if you wouldn't have been able to just edit the order if it had only been a couple of hours?  I've done that on more than one occasion.

HI,   yes I have used the "edit" before when I changed color or size or something,  but this time I just wanted to cancel it.   I don't even want it anymore ... but whenever it decides to get here I have to waste 6.95 to return it....as per what Customer Service told me to do.

QVC Customer Care

@mishka14, I sent you an email.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

Hi @mishka14, I can understand your confusion. You can mark it return to sender and most are received, however if for some reason it is not received we may not be able to track it or verify it was returned. 

Alice,  what if I print the return label,  and put it on the UN opened package....will I still

be charged the 6.95?

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

@mishka14, I sent you an email.

I checked my email and have not received it yet....