Honored Contributor

Re: Leslie Blodgett gushs LR on her instagram

I think it's kind of amazing that anyone is nostalgic for the "good old days" of a shopping channel.  It's just a shopping channel with salespeople and vendors.  I liked Lisa just fine but never cared for Leslie at all.  I couldn't watch her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@Lipstickdiva Truth be told, I was saying that with tongue-in-cheek.  Should have added an emoji.!

Hahaha.  I really don't click on links.  Woman LOLWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

Oops -- my post went bye-bye.

I have no idea what I said that needed to be taken off.  I truly wish someone would tell me. 

Anybody??

Trusted Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

Oops -- my post went bye-bye.

I have no idea what I said that needed to be taken off.  I truly wish someone would tell me. 

Anybody??

I replied to you and mine is gone too! 

Respected Contributor

I truly gave a lot of thought on how to answer JB and now my words are but a puff of air never to be brought back.

They were neither unkind nor antagonistic.  And @Phantom41 your words were a very nice addition!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Well they are both super busy in life. I just love how Leslie came out and gushed and LR returned the love. I remember them doing a TSV together and they sold over 60000 to 70000 units of product. Those were the days. Somes Leslie and Lisa would work things would sell out so fast it was incredible

I’ll bet Lisa is saying it was the *golden age* as well .  Now she is lucky if she sells 100 units.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjH53IQH0ub/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=phe477uj8kzu

This is from Leslies instagram. Omg i am in tears this warms my heart. That Leslie and Lisa are still close contrary to any rumors out there. She posted an old pic of them together when they were killing it onscreen..i look at that picture and it screams the glory days of QVC. These two were the dynamic duo god the sales these women were bringing to QVC were monster. I remember when Lisa would selling the bejesus out of a bare esentials TSV. Leslie and Lisa were just great TV and the best friendship i have ever seen..Leslie sold BE and is worth a fortune..omg can u imagine if Leslie invesred LRs biz. Anyone who looks at the pic will say the golden era of QVC

Quite seriously, if this is the best friendship you've ever seen, you really need to focus on real life.  Develop your own friendships, pay attention to the world around you - you know, the one with actual people who form long and lasting relationships every day.  These two may very well be friends (I honestly don't care either way), but to proclaim theirs the best friendship ever is foolish, especially in light of all the decades-long friendships that exist in addition to friendships between people who have literally gone thru war together.

(Btw, I looked at the photo and absolutely did not think "the golden era of QVC".  Not by a long shot.) 

Honored Contributor

I don't click on links but if I didn't, I wouldn't click on that link....lol  QVC is a retailer to me.  The hosts are sales people and the vendors are...well...vendors.   Their lives and friendships just don't interest me.  I have my own life and it's real.

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Lisa and Leslie are the dynamic duo????  I always thought it was Batman and Robin!

No worries!  You're correct!  :-)

Honored Contributor

Folks can bash the OP if they like and admittedly there is something a bit off here, but I have to agree to some extent, that I would watch shows Lisa hosted purely for the entertainment value... Often, she'd end up selling me something... There is no host currently on QVC that can pull that off... She and Leslie were a lot of fun to watch...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...