Trusted Contributor

Just Curious...Why Are You Here?

I've shopped QVC for years, sometimes a lot more than others. I only participate in this board sporadically, usually in the Summer. Last year I just decided to stop visiting because of so much negativity--about the hosts, the models, the products, and on and on.

Many of those who launch negative posts claim that they don't even shop QVC anymore. I just don't get it. There are so many other boards to participate in to discuss whatever topics interest you--fashion, beauty, health, etc., why post here? Especially people who post year after year. Again, I just want to understand.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

Re: Just Curious...Why Are You Here?

I have been on here for years and I really enjoy it. I come on to see what everyone thinks about the items being shown and also just to read the fun things people share. I just scroll on by the negative things or any of the post that aren't uplifting and fun. It is a great place to learn a lot of things about different subjects also.

Respected Contributor

It can be interesting but I try to steer clear of the negativity. 

Depending on the topic, many posters do have excellent suggestions, advice, and I learn something new or a new perspective.   

Respected Contributor

I would say for lots of reasons.  Sometimes I'm bored and am interested in what others are doing, sometimes for opinions on topics that I'm interested in, and for ideas and shopping tips. 

I've learned about discounts at other retailers, have got some great recipes, inspirational stories, offered prayers for others, decorating ideas, garden tips, and the list goes on and on.  

For those that are negative in their responses, I just ignore and figure that their lives must be surrounded by negativity and I just prefer to ignore toxic and negative people as a general rule - on line and in my everyday life.

There are a lot more inspirational and helpful people on the forums, then the negative trolls that seem to pop up no matter what the topic.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

I enjoy QVC's forum topics, I especially like the garden section, kitchen and recipes.  I love to laugh at the talented individuals who can post the cute pictures and cartoons.  Whenever possible, and it's a subject I know something about I will offer a comment or post a recipe.  There is also alot of valuable information I have learned from posters.   I cry reading posts from people who are lonely, ill or have lost a loved one, and if I can give one single bit of encouragement to them it makes my heart feel good.  I may go days without logging on to the forums for one reason or another, but I like to if it's a bad weather day out or just a quiet time to check in to see what's happening.

Honored Contributor

As others have said for a variety of reasons--NOT to criticize hosts or vendors.  If I don't like someone, I do not watch.  I've learned a lot from the postings, enjoy the comments from certain posters and have started my own topics to get information and advice which I have often found useful.   I am not on Facebook or other social media so this seems a safe place to connect.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like shopping here and buy many great things.  I very rarely start a thread but like information about products, fun and funny stories, tips, recipes,etc.  I also do not get all the negativity some project all the time.  To waste time complaining about the hosts and vendors, their clothing, hair makeup, etc is just not productive and I see it as a form of bullying.  While I may sometimes think things that are not very nice I just won't let negativity invade my life.  It seems to be a way of life for some here.    

Respected Contributor

I like to read the forum for enjoyment and information.  I have found many links to You Tube videos and one poster in particular posts very interesting pictures of homes, fashion, decor, etc. 

We can find various points of view  that can be helpful when we post a problem or issue we are experiencing. 

I enjoy connecting with others via this forum, we may not know them personally, but we get to know each other somewhat through our posts.

Like having pen pals when we were kids!

I do think there are too many negative posts regarding hosts and vendors being made by people who don't even know those they are bashing.  They need to think about how they would feel if others posted opinions of them.  The hosts and vendors are just doing their job and that is to sell products to us.  There is no need for the negative posts.  I don't mind the occasional post with negative info about a particular product as that can be something we want to know before making a purchase as long as the info is constructive and not bashing. 

If I have had an experience or information that can be of value to someone who posts requesting responses I am glad to offer my input that may be of help to someone.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy seeing what other people have to say, opinions, reviews, etc.  Love all the different topics.  To me it's relaxing. With all the negativity going on in the world and on the daily news, the forums are my escape. 

Regular Contributor

I've learned about a lot of great products from different posters on here and appreciate it greatly.  I like to see all different opinions and I trust them more in a forum setting than in reviews.  Negative articles are easy to skip over or read, think about and forget.  I even appreciate knowing what brings out negatives in people.  I control what effect things have on me, not what someone opines.