Honored Contributor

I bought my Reed & Barton set many years ago, 18/10 stainless, a full slightly oversized set for 12 including an extra set of teaspoons and ice tea spoons as well as everything you could think of for serving pieces as well as double the slotted and regular serving spoons and I believe it was just over $100 at the time. Been extremely happy with the set, it's still beautiful.

Bought DS a full set for 12 of Lenox (also slightly oversized) for Christmas for his new home.  Was about $130, far less pieces but came with an extra set of teaspoons, was 18/10 stainless and had serving pieces (less than mine but enough of them).  Very, very nice set and he loved it.

I think both companies are quality....  and I believe that the set offered today is equally nice and a quality product.  Everything is going up... unfortunately..]. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I bought a service for 12 by RSVP here on QVC probably 10 years or so ago.  It came with the wonderful round soup spoons.  It included a huge number of serving pieces, most of which never get used!

I love this set.  With the soup spoons that I've been watching for ever since I got my last set and the long tea spoons which my set didn't have I love the configuration.  The sporks are a fun addition too.  I think it's a good value and ordered the Barnaby.

For the past few years I've been having to take my flatware over to my son and dil's house for holiday meals as they never had enough.  They don't want a new set because they still have young children and there's always the possibility of pieces accidentally ending up in the trash.  So, I will pack up my RSVP set and take it over to them when the new set arrives.

I have to comment because my youngest boy used to do this without me knowing.... until one day we didn't have many forks left~!  "What happened to my forks??"  "I threw them away when I was done eating"....  Ha ha! (although I didn't laugh then because we had no money) BUT from then on I counted the silverware after each meal.... Woman Surprised 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Many years ago I purchased a set of Reed and Barton Walden pattern from QVC. Very traditional set. I use it every day and still love this pattern. I found that Replacements.com carries all of these patterns and you can order individual pieces if you need to add to your set.