Esteemed Contributor

Re: LR Christmas items are selling out

@ladyann45 wrote:

No they will not because she did show some nice things. I have also notice that for some reason most of you are so negative about a lot of host no matter what they do. Some of you really do need to keep some of these comments to yourself. I notice also that their christmas decorating on their sets have changed. It appears that the set decorator left to go on her own. She use to do You"re Home With Jill set so pretty. LR I suppose is laughing at some you about now.

Why? These are forums, and expressing opinions is a big part of forums. it's perfectly fine for us to share information, say something negative, disagree, etc.  We're not expected to all see things the same way, and we don't.  There's nothing at all wrong with that.

If anyone is out of line, the mods will let us know.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

I have to say @JONNYSBRO, I to miss her Christmas shows.  Christmas at QVC hasn't been the same since she left.  I'm sure there will be a lot of people who will disagree and that's OK but in my OP her Christmas shows were always something special.  

@Silver Fox1 .... Valerie’s shows far surpass LR’s shows .... LR is gone, gone, gone so get over it!!! .... people who live in the past have no future!!!!!

@January121, I just had to respond further to your comment because after reading it again I see how nasty it was.  FYI I have never even seen LR factbook show or whatever it's called nor bought a thing from her and I don't intend to.  I haven't seen the women since she left QVC.  I simply commented how much I liked her QVC Christmas shows. Good lord get a grip !!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

I have to say @JONNYSBRO, I to miss her Christmas shows.  Christmas at QVC hasn't been the same since she left.  I'm sure there will be a lot of people who will disagree and that's OK but in my OP her Christmas shows were always something special.  

@Silver Fox1 .... Valerie’s shows far surpass LR’s shows .... LR is gone, gone, gone so get over it!!! .... people who live in the past have no future!!!!!

@January121.  What is wrong with you?? It’s serious.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I will tell anyone if u want high quality beautiful.christmas items u need to visit LRs page. She is in her third year of her business and these things continue to fly out the door. I will always miss those LR Christmas shows or posh presents the number of sell outs she had was astounding. The quality is so high brow she makes u feel like u are a woman of wealth

The last part of the above post is one of the most tasteless things I have read. One of the things I did not like about Lisa when she was on air was her frequent, embarrassing, nouveau-riche references to some product being so “country club” or that it would make the buyer look as if she “has a trust fund.” Yecch. That told me a lot about her values. Tacky. Not a nice picture. 

Respected Contributor

Seriously, do we really think LR ran around and decorated trees on the Q's set?  They have designers and decorators for that.   Alberti even talks about a company coming to his home to arrange the flowers.  He did a video about it on FB last year and introduced the staff of the local flower store/nursery. 

As far as looking like I purchased everything on Madison Avenue and I look like a lady who lunches -- I'm sorry, but that is not for me.  I want people to look at me and think what a good person I am and instead of all the jewelry I have, I want them to look at all the good I have done. 

@JONNYSBROplease think about your values and move on from your LR fascination.  And if you are LR, please find another sales tactic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@JONNYSBRO

Look at the trees on Q's set recently, then look at Q's set when Lisa had her Christmas shows on Q (you tube).  Lisa would decorate the Q set trees. They were pure and beautiful artwork.  I am trying to buy most of my decorations from Lisa.  Her prices match and many times are  better than Q's .  All the time Lisa's  quality, taste and artistic eye is above and beyond that of Q.

She has no only her followers exciting about decorating...  but me who said that I would no longer go all out and continue to downsize.  Lisa is fun to shop with.

If you compare the trees Lisa's shown in the past year to the decorating she had while working at Q, you'd see she's either lost her touch or she had lots of help while she was with Q.  There really is no comparison.

@hopi   Lisa did not decorate the trees on the Q set.  They have set decorators for that.  If the trees are different now they have different set decorators now or a different look they're going for.  A host does not decorate the trees or the sets.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's fascinating that years after her departure from QVC Lisa still stirs up so much interest, pro and con, based upon the number of posts in this thread.  She stirs up a lot of anxiety.

Trusted Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@JONNYSBRO

You going on her Caribbean cruise next year?

@Qshopper1991 He/she won’t answer anyone’s questions unless they’re called out on it. Just writes these absurd posts about LR, and then sits back to read. Sad, really. @JONNYSBRO,   

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I didn't look at this year's Christmas stuff, but I looked last year.

Some of the items she was selling were available on Walmart's site.  Same item, same brand, only less expensive.

Almost all holiday decorations are made in China...

It's been pointed out a few times about finding the same things elsewhere for less but the faithful fans say that they know it but don't care. They want to buy from her. They want to keep her in business because they say they love her.

Ya know many of those women have found a place to go for friendship and comaraderie there on her facebook page. When she does those live chats a majority of them are talking not to her but back and forth to each other. Some of them live for those live chats, they say they look forward to it all week, or it's the biggest hightlight of their week, when she chats live while walking in NYC or over in Italy they say they live through her travels. It's serious stuff over there. Just for that reason I hope even if her business fails that she will continue to keep the facebook page going for those who feel so strongly. They would miss it terribly I think. Not all of them are so devoted and dependant on it for their" happy place"  but quite the number. At least it seems that way from their posts.

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Mona_L wrote:

This is positive, but I saw a lot of Lisa's items in Hobby Lobby....no kidding.  They source from all over the world just like Lisa--except for Vincenza silver.   Her website does not allow feedback, and return policy is stringent, as well as expensive original shipping.  I never ordered because of those reasons.

I saw the "safety pin necklace" she is selling today on Amazon for half price or less (depending on the seller). 

That safety pin necklace is so silly. I literally laughed out loud. Looks like it came directly out of one’s sewing box. It’s so “very high brow”, hahaha. 

The one she's calling the Italian Couture Safety Pin Necklace?