Frequent Contributor

I appreciate the explanation of why "LIVE" is now constantly being posted on the screen, however, I have to comment that I find it very distracting and annoying while trying to listen to a presentation - especially when the letters are "revolving". I'm not sure why QVC thinks that it is important that the viewers know the show is live...how does that affect whether or not the viewer is interested in purchasing the item that is being presented? For me, I have ended up turning QVC off because the "LIVE" wording was just too annoying. Thanks for listening to my input...

Happened yesterday when the viewer is need to be off the corner of the screen, it probably the video editor done it for the show, and commercial like Beauty IQ, QVC 2, and QVC in the left side of the screen and it needs to get it off.
Honored Contributor

I understand all this but IMO the Live banner on QVC's main channel is annoying and tacky.

However, are they really live 24/7?  I thought overnight they were showing some taped programming? 

To Whoever asked about Q2 going live 24/7 on April 1, that is not what happened.  I believe they are live in the evenings M-F and some times on the weekend but there is still taped programming on Q2.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't been a viewer of QVC as long as most of you, but I agree - the "Live" on the screen is distracting. It's like "Breaking News" or something!

I also had trouble years ago when the news channels started scrolling news at the bottom. I really wondered why they did that. If I'm reading that, I'm not paying attention to what they are saying. Of course now I'm used to it! And sometimes it's better if I'm not paying attention to what they are saying! Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

I agree that the LIVE banner on the main QVC channel is not only annoying, but unnecessary.  It's safe to assume that programming is live 24/7 unless it's not -- in which case it would be sufficient to banner a program as "previously recorded."  We don't need to be told the obvious when it's live.  Because the programming on QVC2 can be either live or previously recorded, then it's fine to add those banners on that channel.  I don't watch the beauty channel at all because the production values are awkward and distracting.

Honored Contributor

@MonsterMomster wrote:
How does one get to be a part of a Live event? Do they sell tickets?

@MonsterMomster

Look here under special events on the right:

http://www.qvc.com/content/featured/visit-qvc.html

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

@Paulette-QVC

I understand wanting to highlight that a show is indeed live.  However, based on the comments, perhaps the notation that was used before could be used again?  In other words, there used to be a note (on QVC Plus) made ABOVE the item number saying either "Live" or "Previously recorded."  Perhaps that way of doing it could be implemented on both QVC and QVC2.

It was small enough that it didn't interfere with the visuals of the item being presented; yet, it would provide the specific information of whether "live" or not (to those that would like to know).

QVC Customer Care

@Julie_23

Thank you Julie. That is a great suggestion that I will forward to the proper department for future consideration.

Respected Contributor

Good to see the LIVE sign is COMPLETE REMOVED from regular QVC.   

But the animation is still on QVC2 ... why?  As other posters said, place elsewhere to give us more 'viewing space'  (or stop the distracting animation).  I do not think broadcasts being live or not will affect sales.

QVC Customer Care

@seaBreeze wrote:

Good to see the LIVE sign is COMPLETE REMOVED from regular QVC.   

But the animation is still on QVC2 ... why?  As other posters said, place elsewhere to give us more 'viewing space'  (or stop the distracting animation).  I do not think broadcasts being live or not will affect sales.

Hi @seaBreeze

Since we do have both Live and prerecorded programs on QVC2, you will continue to see the LIVE sign.  This decision was made to help our customers easily distinguish between the two.  We have definitely forward all of the feedback in this thread for consideration as well.  

Barb

Customer Care