Honored Contributor

FOR LESS THAN A DOLLAR A DAY

I take issue when a host tries to break down the total cost or easy pays to "less than a dollar a day" or you'd pay that for "dinner and a movie". 

I don't know anyone who pays their bills on a daily basis or who would fall for these sales tactics. It's an insult to our intelligence.

The Perricone TSV, for example, is touted as such a great deal on AD, but realize that every month, all year for 12 months, the Q will charge your card $33.33 plus tax. That's a lot for skincare every month...no eye cream, no serums, no other skincare....just those 3 pieces! 

Honored Contributor

Re: FOR LESS THAN A DOLLAR A DAY

It doesn't bother me.  When I watch, I'm paying attention to the garment measurement, etc.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  This is why I don't purchase any item on easy pay.  If I'm not willing to pay full price...it is not going in the cart.  The last thing I want is a string of payments on my CC every month, not a favor.

Contributor

Wow, u just opened my eyes on easy pay . If it's not worth paying full price don't buy it. I love it !!!

Valued Contributor

In all fairness, it has to be tough hawking the same stuff over and over all day long. They just try to find different ways to say the same thing.

I find that particular phrase annoying too...in fact, the more I watch QVC, the more things I find to be annoyed with. My solution: I do much more online, don't watch presentations unless I'm interested in the product and even then, I prefer to watch the online presentations.

For $0 dollars a day, I can turn of electronics and go outside for a walk.

Honored Contributor

Here's another issue (funny to me)....

"This item is UNDER $100"

The actual price is $99.98 or $98.99 +$3 s&h + taxes Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Or "$49 and change" (e,g., $49.99) and they don't, like you say, factor in shipping costs or taxes.  And don't get me started on the food items!  When you calculate the beef, chicken, etc. by the price per pound, yowza!  It sometimes could be as much as $20//lb for chicken or burgers!  I don't care if the shipping IS free!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Trusted Contributor

@katiescarlett. Yes I just got my Easter ham, 11. 25. Lbs  for 17. 35.  QVC 60 or 70. Dollars. Only 7.5 lbs?

Honored Contributor

I watch the Q for entertainment like I'm sure many people do, so I am listening to every word the host and vendor says. I don't mind hearing the same lines over again I just don't like being insulted in many ways because the host needs to fill air time. Not all the hosts have this problem, but some do so I try not to watch those hosts. I would call them out, but it doesn't do any good.

Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Or "$49 and change" (e,g., $49.99) and they don't, like you say, factor in shipping costs or taxes.  And don't get me started on the food items!  When you calculate the beef, chicken, etc. by the price per pound, yowza!  It sometimes could be as much as $20//lb for chicken or burgers!  I don't care if the shipping IS free!

@katiescarlett: I agree that the food items are priced very high. And they shouldn't say that the shipping is "free." It most certainly isn't, b/c it's built into the high cost of the item. In reality, the shipping is "included."

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~