Regular Contributor

I haven't tuned in for a day or so now but if the LIVE text is going to be a permanent feature it needs to go. It is extremely distracting and a tacky throwback to the beginning of home shopping networks. QVC should worry more about making channel number two high definition and watchable (meaning crystal clear to a viewer) rather then worrying viewers on the main channel are too ignorant to know what is going on. Hosts always mention its live television what more does a viewer need? If they can't realize this the channel certainly can't help them with the smarts.

Honored Contributor

@Paulette-QVC wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper We are aware the LIVE sign is on the primary QVC channel. The LIVE sign is if viewers question if the show is LIVE or not regardless of what channel they are watching.  

You will notice the LIVE sign on Beauty IQ and QVC 2 as well.

I see, got it.  Thanks for responding @Paulette-QVC

Honored Contributor

I didn't notice it until you all pointed it out.  I tend to look at the people or the graphic.

I also thought Q2 was all live as well.  I thought it went all live on 4/1.  Wasn't that the big announcement?

So confusing!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Winter Holiday I also agree with your point that it looks tacky and amateurish, harkening back to late night home shopping. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Winter Holiday I also agree with your point that it looks tacky and amateurish, harkening back to late night home shopping. 

@Winter HolidayI totally agree. The original QVC has always been live so there is no need to have "live" on the screen as it is distracting and tacky looking.  As far as Q2 that is fine to say wheather it is live or pre-recorded.  As far as Beauty IQ I only get that on my PC and I don't care for it at all.  It reminds me when home shopping channels first started, very bad broad casting.  There is no interaction just looking at a camera and selling.  It's kind of strange to me.

Contributor

I agree. I want to add my 2 cents in case these posts are taken into consideration. I do not like it at all. It is too big and it's constantly moving in some way, whether the letters are turning or whatever. It's very distracting and I do not like it at all. If they must do it, put it in the bottom corner and make it smaller. Thank you OP for bringing this up.

Honored Contributor

All I want to see in the corner is FREE SHIPPING.  The rest is just cosmetics to cover up.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Moderator:

If regular (original) QVC is LIVE all the time, why indicate that at all?  And what difference does it make if it's not live, there are still phone operators manning the phone lines~!?

If the sign LIVE must be reflected due to administration thinking it will matter, then at least stop the "animation" ... as others mentioned, it is a distraction,  

Now 30% of my TV screen has some sort of graphic (e.g., price, Item #, chart on bottom of screen indicating sizes selling out, etc.) and now this annoying LIVE sign.  

QVC Customer Care

@seaBreeze

Due to customer feedback concerning when shows are "Live" on the different channels, QVC decided to implement the "LIVE" sign on screen.

I will forward your concern in reagards to the animation of the "Live sign being a distraction and graphics take up 30% of the screen as feedback for future consideration.

Contributor
How does one get to be a part of a Live event? Do they sell tickets?