Respected Contributor

EVERY host does this

Super Contributor

This has nothing to do with QVC hosts....many people do this.  It's not dishonest, it's just rounding for ease.    Most ppl aren't going to not buy something because of 50 cents or 99 cents.   

I do feel it's misleading to constantly say you can get this home for $6 and never state the full price.    

Regular Contributor

From what I've seen, Pat is the only host who factors in or at least references shipping.

Valued Contributor

I'm sorry, but not EVERY host does this.  I have QVC on a lot and I usually hear them round UP and PJD gives you all of the pricing information which I for one, really appreciate.

It's always been my understanding (per Math classes) that if the cents charge is $ .50 or higher-you round up, less than $ .50 you round down.  It IS misleading to always round down.  As a customer, I would like to know the exact or higher charge.  If you want to make sure you have enough money to cover the charges, it could make a difference, especially for multiple charges.  And it's especially helpful to those who have poor to no vision.

I feel the hosts should state the actualy prices, that way there's no misunderstandings etc.  and it does make a host more trustworthy and QVC as a company.

"I never changed, I just learned."