Valued Contributor

After reading about Cathy Pedrayes no longer being with QVC, I sure hope the same fate will not fall on Katie McGee.  I LOVE Katie McGee and think she does an outstanding job presenting merchandise.  The reason I am somewhat fearful is that there was discussion about Cathy Pedrayes going from hosting shows to being social hosts with other primary on-air hosts, and it seems the same thing has happened to Katie McGee.  I was wondering when it happened if this would not be considered a step backward.  Thoughts?

Frequent Contributor

I kind of have to agree.... I really liked Cathy Pedrayes and I've really enjoyed Katie McGee and her presentations. The Q is not the Q of years ago and the QVC/HSN blending is random at best.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't know Cathy Pedrayes was gone.  I thought she was a good host.  I don't know what direction qvc is going with their hosts.  Katie is also a good host; what a shame if they lose her too.  

Respected Contributor

@just wonder 

Oh no!  I really liked Cathy.  How was it announced?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

where did you read about kathy pedrayes, I loved her. Is it something you can provide a link to? when did she leave?

Respected Contributor

Re: Katie McGee

[ Edited ]
Valued Contributor

Re: Katie McGee

[ Edited ]

Pommom, see other more lengthy thread here.  I did not know it, either, and don't think it was officially announced.  Personally, I like a lot of the newer hosts better than some of the veteran hosts and wish they would get more prominent on-air time to reach their potential.  Just my opinion, but there are a couple, three hosts who have been around for awhile and get all the prime air time that I cannot watch any more because they have become so full of themselves and cutsie phrases and names of others, etc. instead of presenting the items and giving details we want.  Bring on the new hosts in prime time!!  I guess I just don't know what it takes to make a good host, because even some of the newer ones that have made a fast rise, I don't like as well as say Courtney Cason.  (And I do not mean Courtney Kondabi - love her!)

Honored Contributor

@just wonder I had those same thoughts about Katie once they "demoted" her.  It's really a shame that these ladies are not given some better time slots to show their "stuff".  I'm quite tired of JC every day and would love to see Katie take some of her time.  (I'm just not a JC fan at all.). How can they meet a "quota" (if there is such a thing) if they are not given a fighting chance?  Middle of the night (for extended periods)  and "social media" person doesn't hack it, IMHO.  

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@just wonder I had those same thoughts about Katie once they "demoted" her.  It's really a shame that these ladies are not given some better time slots to show their "stuff".  I'm quite tired of JC every day and would love to see Katie take some of her time.  (I'm just not a JC fan at all.). How can they meet a "quota" (if there is such a thing) if they are not given a fighting chance?  Middle of the night (for extended periods)  and "social media" person doesn't hack it, IMHO.  

I think I recall that Katie McGee received immense accolates for her presentations when she started in the wee hours of the morning.  Oodles and oodles of praise about her style, professionalism and general knowledge of products.  Then, I remember them moving her to the morning hours that I thought was a huge promotion and a chance for her to establish herself with management.  Then, I didn't see her anymore.  Katie McGee seemed to disappear.  I wonder what happened....

Esteemed Contributor
Who is JC???