Respected Contributor

Jill has become a polarizing figure much like Lisa Robertson. Either people love her or hate her it seems. I miss the old younger Jill who was carefree and less snobby.

Honored Contributor

@bamasec - I can't watch her for the reasons you descibed. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Jill has become a polarizing figure much like Lisa Robertson. Either people love her or hate her it seems. I miss the old younger Jill who was carefree and less snobby.

@Reever

I dont think she's a polarizing figure....even those that are not overly fond of her will still watch her shows.....Much different from Shawn, Kerstin, Amy who are DEFINITELY more of the top tier polarizing hosts (you can tell just by the sheer number of Forum comments or closed or "moved" threads)...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I adore Jill.  She does a fabulous job and has wonderful style and grace.  She is adorable.  Love that she likes classy things as well.   

Respected Contributor

10 minutes in and mentions of "The Beach House".   Is she not aware most of the audience is lower middle class who can't relate to her extravagance ?

Honored Contributor

wrote:

10 minutes in and mentions of "The Beach House".   Is she not aware most of the audience is lower middle class who can't relate to her extravagance ?

@Reever  I'm not sure about that lower middle class. I have seen many post on here about posters spending thousand of dollars a month at QVC. I have also seen many posters say they have two homes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jill talks to much...

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

@Reever

I dont think she's a polarizing figure....even those that are not overly fond of her will still watch her shows.....Much different from Shawn, Kerstin, Amy who are DEFINITELY more of the top tier polarizing hosts (you can tell just by the sheer number of Forum comments or closed or "moved" threads)...........

I don't think she's as polarizing as Lisa was or some others might be because, frankly, she's just not that interesting... but I do think, if based on nothing more than the comments on this thread, that she's not universally well liked or, in some cases, even tolerated. I know that when I was still watching QVC I would not opt to watch her shows... There might well be some who don't care for her but will still watch her, but I'm not one of them, and it sounds like there might be quite a few more.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Jill talks to much...

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Jill does not need a vendor with her...she is prepared.  Frankly I do not see why every item now has a person other than the host tell us about the product.  Lately the host is just telling us how many are sold, how many are left, how many easy payments, colors.  A robot could do that!  A tee shirt does not require two people plus three models and fifteen minutes!  If I had a shopping channel I would try and present twice as many items with the hope of selling more.  Jill is intelligent and capable of more than being a robot.

I agree that the use of vendors has become over the top and their presence must certainly increase costs while so often being superfluous. When a vendor can add something truly significant, informational or enjoyable to a presentation, fine, but otherwise, why bother.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Jill isn't the only host who owns a second home whether it's a beach house or a lake house.  No big deal.

I don't take the mentioning of these houses as bragging at all but then I'm not jealous that they own a second home so........ 

Trusted Contributor

I didn't watch the above-mentioned shows, but I do feel that Jill gives the information I want that most of the other hosts do not give.  Many of them are unprepared and seem to think that talking about colors is the only thing they need to do.  Jill really helps me make decisions on items from home decor to jewelry.  I like her a lot.