Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@CaneCorsoMom wrote:

She probably has enough money to retire - good for her!

I dont know anyone who can retire before 60 this day and age. People are being forced to work well into their 70s. She is more than a decade away from Medicare. Surely she will work again. I give her "retirement" about a year and she will be back doing something.

Probably selling  super smile as a vendor....or on an infomercial for Calista  hair products......

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know Jills age ?  Many people retire young and run out of money in their 80s and wind up destitute. People are now living into their 90s. Its a calculated gamble to retire young.  My father died at 65 and never got to enjoy his retirement but Ive heard horror stories of people expecting to live to 75 but are now broke in their 80s.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever 

Jill turned 51 in April.

Surprised you didn't know her age.

Occasional Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Good - I guess she'll be following ITKWD and they are fast friends, started about the same time.  I do think it was her decision.  Things change, the scale tips.

Not too long ago (not that they are comparable in their scope, in any way, but they're both jobs) I held a post and told a co-worker that I'd be there "the next hundred years".

Well, guess what?  There was a change in the dynamic and suddenly it wasn't worth it.  I quit.  I'm glad I did, BTW.

Agree.Corporations like QVC reposition their staff into higher positions when they want.Jill could very well be taking an office position upstairs.They generally don't let their finest leave unless that person is persistent on an early retirement. Jill looks very happy, that look is one of relief.It is my knowledge you don't live until you leave the corporate environment.There's nothing on earth like a loving family, which not everybody has these days and they stay at a corporate job until they're sick or worse because there is nothing left in life for them to retire to--very sad.The graveyards are full of people who "couldn't be replaced", but were immediately.

Esteemed Contributor

That Juniors cake looks awesome. So pretty with the yellow and 

pink. Yes, David is there to dig in. Party time.  

Oh boy, group happy dance. Getting crazy with Jane too.

Regular Contributor

Let me say this . Jill has planned her future .She is a smart cookie I wish her well in her future . 

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Does anyone know Jills age ?  Many people retire young and run out of money in their 80s and wind up destitute. People are now living into their 90s. Its a calculated gamble to retire young.  My father died at 65 and never got to enjoy his retirement but Ive heard horror stories of people expecting to live to 75 but are now broke in their 80s.

@Reever- Seriously??

Occasional Contributor

I though Jill was a great host.  I agree with others that the direction QVC is going is terrible.  I could care less what the hosts wear or their favorite things.  I don't understand why QVC has 3 stations to watch now and most of them are reruns anyway.  I hope Jill has a lot of wonderful things  to look forward to now that she is leaving.

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I still think Jill is getting out while the getting is good.  I definitely think something changed between her anniversary show last year and now that made her want to leave.  I think QVC is going in a direction she's not happy about.  Heck based on the comments on these boards and a few others, many customers aren't happy with the direction QVC is going either.  I look for other hosts to be exiting QVC soon as well.

I don't find it the least bit odd that her family will not be on the show.  I also don't expect a bunch of other hosts or vendors to make an appearance. I think there will be some taped segments by hosts and possibly vendors wishing her well.  David did her 25th anniversary show with her to it makes sense he would do his final show with her.

Whatever she chooses to do, I wish her luck.  She seems so much more relaxed and happy now that she made her announcement.     

@Lipstickdiva  How right you are and I am one of those customers disliking the direction QVC has taken which has led to very limited tuning in....the programming stinks and many of the hosts are overwhelming, underwhelming, unprofessional and/or childish.  All this deflates the effect QVC used to have with the viewing public!

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Reever- Seriously??

Yeah, I don't think that Jill and her family are going to end up on the street living in a refrigerator box.  I'm sure she's quite comfortable and her husband operates a successful business.