Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@dancing 522queen 

Thank you for that observation.  I am of the opinion that a host should have a good broadcasting voice.  I wish the powers-that-be would make that a priority when hiring hosts.  I have read recently that there are three new hosts coming along.  I hope each one has a good, resonant, clear, not-too-fast, not mumbling, not mispronouncing voice!

@maximillian 

ITA!! I wonder if perhaps thats why some of these hosts that started out in a broadcast career didnt succeed in other platforms/mediums due to their voice........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@12andcounting     I agree.  JC's faces make me cringe and Kerstin is just a big narcissistic phony.   She loves looking at herself and posing for the monitor.   She's so phony and full of herself.  JC however is more watchable than Kerstin but that's not saying much

Honored Contributor

I have to agree about Kerstin, she is wearing a bathing suit and kept looking at herself and twisting and turning for the camera.  She just talks so fast and is never prepared with the colors.  The only info she is focused on is how many is available and only order of the year!! 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@matty liz    I really like Jennifer.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched for a few minutes with Jennifer and Kerstin with the sound off, I can't listen to the high pitched speed talk.  They were Technicolor orange. TV went off fast, better things to do here.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I'm afraid when they paired JC and Kirsten together I became very tense.  Kirsten in her bathing suit was absolutely hard to take, along with Jen's speed talking.  The two speak way too fast.  And I agree regarding these people not getting professional help in their public speaking.  One Vendor came on this morning or yesterday with a bad case of Glottal Shock.  It was more than annoying, it makes it difficult for people to follow what is being said.  These are supposedly professional people, their "talking" is imperative for the sale of products.  Why aren't they being helped? 

Glottal shock is a clicking in the voice that can be heard at the onset of words that do not begin with some sort of consonant. An example of this would be when we sing or say words such as apple or every, or only. ... Approach #1 - We must start the act of singing or speaking with air first, then voice. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

We need more Jen Coffey.  She is typically a breath of fresh air.  I think she should also be the complete goto when it comes to fitness.  

Honored Contributor

sometimes Isaac makes me nervous, especially when he seems to be stretching for what he wants to say.  He knows so much, but I rarely listen to him now mostly because I don't hear new any longer.

I do like Jen

Regular Contributor

A channel changer for me.  All she does is talk about easy pay.   I don't see how people say she is knowledgeable about products but she knows a lot about easy pay and gifts for everyone on the planet earth.

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations on Jen Coffey doing the entire 5 hours of Saturday Morning Q all by herself.   She was excellent for the entire show.   

Demonstrates that a giddy, childish co host is both not needed and a refreshing loss!

Both Jen and Amy Stran did a lot of shows by themselves this holiday weekend.   They both should be commended for the great work they did.