Reply
Contributor
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎05-06-2016

Jane Treacy - Sizing

[ Edited ]

Let me say that I think Jane Treacy is a beautiful woman and a great host who I enjoy watching.  However, if I want to order any clothing that she is presenting, I get very confused.  I am not body slamming her because I think she has a lovely figure...and besides, what gives me the right to?    But, she was presenting an either Cuddle Duds or Barefoot Dreams top and said she was wearing a Size Small, but mentioned she usually wears "an Extra Small".  It was during that same presentation she said she wears a size 8 on the bottom.   My DIL who is about 5 foot and weighs100 pounds (maybe) wears a size Extra Small and a Size 6.  I can't figure out QVC sizing for the life of me!  LOL

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,967
Registered: ‎05-24-2010

It's vanity sizing. In the real world she would not wear and extra small, or small.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,428
Registered: ‎08-28-2010

QVC fit is more generous.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 915
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I wear a small in QVC sizing and I am not a small person. I am a medium in most brick and mortar stores. In Chicos, I am a 1 on top, and a 0 on the bottom, but I think they use vanity sizing too!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,935
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@PJKuhnny I can't figure out the sizes the hosts claim they wear!  Woman Surprised

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,753
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

I do not believe that the hosts wear the size they say they do.  Who would want to admit on TV that they actually wear a size 14 for example?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,846
Registered: ‎04-23-2010

@PJKuhnny wrote:

Let me say that I think Jane Treacy is a beautiful woman and a great host who I enjoy watching.  However, if I want to order any clothing that she is presenting, I get very confused.  I am not body slamming her because I think she has a lovely figure...and besides, what gives me the right to?    But, she was presenting an either Cuddle Duds or Barefoot Dreams top and said she was wearing a Size Small, but mentioned she usually wears "an Extra Small".  It was during that same presentation she said she wears a size 8 on the bottom.   My DIL who is about 5 foot and weighs100 pounds (maybe) wears a size Extra Small and a Size 6.  I can't figure out QVC sizing for the life of me!  LOL


Why not order according to the size chart listed for each garment? 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,166
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@LuvmyLab   Size 14 —that would be the kiss of death!

 How dare someone that size expect to get a TV job!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,528
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@PJKuhnny wrote:

Let me say that I think Jane Treacy is a beautiful woman and a great host who I enjoy watching.  However, if I want to order any clothing that she is presenting, I get very confused.  I am not body slamming her because I think she has a lovely figure...and besides, what gives me the right to?    But, she was presenting an either Cuddle Duds or Barefoot Dreams top and said she was wearing a Size Small, but mentioned she usually wears "an Extra Small".  It was during that same presentation she said she wears a size 8 on the bottom.   My DIL who is about 5 foot and weighs100 pounds (maybe) wears a size Extra Small and a Size 6.  I can't figure out QVC sizing for the life of me!  LOL


Why not order according to the size chart listed for each garment? 


The problem is sometimes the garment sizing info is missing or you cant trust it, it's been inaccurate....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,846
Registered: ‎04-23-2010

@Spurt wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@PJKuhnny wrote:

Let me say that I think Jane Treacy is a beautiful woman and a great host who I enjoy watching.  However, if I want to order any clothing that she is presenting, I get very confused.  I am not body slamming her because I think she has a lovely figure...and besides, what gives me the right to?    But, she was presenting an either Cuddle Duds or Barefoot Dreams top and said she was wearing a Size Small, but mentioned she usually wears "an Extra Small".  It was during that same presentation she said she wears a size 8 on the bottom.   My DIL who is about 5 foot and weighs100 pounds (maybe) wears a size Extra Small and a Size 6.  I can't figure out QVC sizing for the life of me!  LOL


Why not order according to the size chart listed for each garment? 


The problem is sometimes the garment sizing info is missing or you cant trust it, it's been inaccurate....


Anything that I have purchased had an accurate size chart listed. I would never purchase clothing based on what size the host wears.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky