Honored Contributor

Re: JUST VENTING - Porbably Too Boring To Read!

@eddyandme Sorry for your aggravation.  When I make a return using USPS (sometimes I use FedEx so I go to my local Parcel Place to drop off) I'll go into the USPS website to schedule a pick up.

I also have a mailbox at the end of my driveway and if the item will fit into the box I'll add it but most of the time when I schedule (the night before) I mention that the package will be on my porch by the front door. 

My mail carrier will get out of his truck to come and pick it up.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@eddyandmeFingers crossed here..  I really wanted to do a bathroom remodel -  had hoped to start relatively soon until this mess began.  The plumber was pretty confident I should be okay with just the repair for now, but he did give me the option to upgrade to new but at several times the charge to repair.

Because I don't plan on the same style and color necessarily in the new room, I opted to do what I hope is the cheaper temporary fix.

FYI @millieshops , my house is 72yrs young.  Bathroom was remodeled many years ago but I need a new tub now.  Hope to get shower is not too much $$$$ difference.  But, due to my toilet fiasco last year and I had to purchase a new toilet, I got the kind with the flush button on top - was told by new plumber this type is less troublesome 'cause the other kind break more often.  And, from personal experience, if the toile runs and runs after the plumber has moved it, it's because he hadn't centered it right over the seal, which leads to the toilet cracking and of course a mess - so I now carefully monitor plumbers!  Good luck with your bathroom remodel!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @haddon9 .  Now I will remember to do that - some of us (me-duh) seem to have to learn the hard way!

My mailman will know - all the mailmen in town know Eddy.  He's special to them because of his situation before he was rescued, and they give him some "man" time by playting a little fetch with him when they drop off Eddy's food and snacks I order (and once in a while tell me to easWoman LOLe up on the cookies!_ (Small town living!)

Contributor

Q business is going down hill. But to order something they are right there to take your money. But how long to get it or talk to someone they do not care its money money. In my opioion they should not even be on air it sure is not a essential. Especially when no one has the money. They don't even lower the prices don't even free shipping. They don'tcare about you just money money
Respected Contributor

I just wonder what the problem is with Customer Service not answering. Yesterday I called and kept getting booted back to the automated system which could not resolve my problem. I finally emailed the social team and they took care of my situation. Don’t understand the CS staff shortage if they are working at home. Just seems odd to me.
Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
I just wonder what the problem is with Customer Service not answering. Yesterday I called and kept getting booted back to the automated system which could not resolve my problem. I finally emailed the social team and they took care of my situation. Don’t understand the CS staff shortage if they are working at home. Just seems odd to me.

@Kindaglitzy   I'm sure there are less CS personnel than before just as there are less people in the shipping/warehouse dept.

Honored Contributor

@Purplenails wrote:
Q business is going down hill. But to order something they are right there to take your money. But how long to get it or talk to someone they do not care its money money. In my opioion they should not even be on air it sure is not a essential. Especially when no one has the money. They don't even lower the prices don't even free shipping. They don'tcare about you just money money

@Purplenails   I've always said w/ many emails arriving daily with 30%-40% off and free shipping/free returns, why shop at Q? Easy pay is not a sale or a reduced price. 

Honored Contributor

Luckily, I can watch for my mail carrier and he'll take my mail/packages.  If it'll fit, I put the mail in my mailbox (so it sticks up/out) an hour or so before he typically comes.

I have been ordering my groceries online from my grocery store. When I go to drive up to get them, I can give mail to the employee who will take it inside to the mini post office at customer service.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

I'm not writing to give you advice concerning the issues that you are having, since I am pretty useless on these things as well! But, I know that the kind people here are very good at giving help and solving problems!

I am writing to commiserate with you and to let you know that you are not alone in your feelings.  Sometimes its just a relief to vent, as you say, to just put into words, what you are feeling.  

Nothing about all this situation we're in is easy and we've all been trying to re-learn simple things we've been doing most of our lives!  

Come here and talk and vent any time --- there are lots of us who are in the same boat and can relate! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin