Honored Contributor

Well, your all caps demand should do the trick. Thank you. 

Regular Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Well, your all caps demand should do the trick. Thank you. 

Cool, thanks.

Football is my favorite season.
Respected Contributor

I agree that reviews of a product are much more effective when a person has actually purchased the product. I also think people may have purchased items at other places and just because they did not purchase from QVC does not make them incapable of writing a review. There are a lot of good posts on this forum and some are reviews that have helped me to make great purchases in the past. 

I have seen reviews transfer from the KitchenAid and Vitamix websites to the QVC site. I have also noticed that certain vendors respond to the reviews and example would be the Oster tabletop oven.

I think that QVC management has to deal with the issue...when posting a review on the Q website you have to check the block stating you have actually purchased the product. There is a choice between yes and no...This could be confusing to some consumers. Perhaps the block should state "review only if purchased from QVC". 

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 : Good point. Many of us— including myself—think that the reviewers in question don’t own the product if they state that they didn’t purchase it. If the product is a QVC house brand, that’s probably the case. But for national brands, there should be a way to clarify that the reviewer DID purchase the item, but it was elsewhere.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

At Hsn, if you didn't purchase it you can't review it.  Their system knows from your orders if you purchased it.  I think QVC should do the samething. 

Regular Contributor

@GAQShopr53I would not have any problem if they actually owned the product, but the reviewers in question are just complaining and stating why they won't buy the item. THAT is not a review. 

Football is my favorite season.
Valued Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

At Hsn, if you didn't purchase it you can't review it.  Their system knows from your orders if you purchased it.  I think QVC should do the samething. 

Wayfair is the same.

Respected Contributor

@Hawkfan83 wrote:

@GAQShopr53I would not have any problem if they actually owned the product, but the reviewers in question are just complaining and stating why they won't buy the item. THAT is not a review. 

I agree @Hawkfan83  some of the reviews are complaints..and I think with a little "I don't like the vendor" frustration added Woman LOL  Over the years, I have come to recognize and ignore those reviews. There are times when the reviews have been negative and I still purchased the item only to discover it was not as bad as the reviews stated.

Respected Contributor

SAY WHAT?????  I'm now "stating my opinion".

Please go away!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Hawkfan83 wrote:

If you haven't purchased and received an item, you are not capable of reviewing it. When you write a "review" of an item you do not own, you are merely stating your uninformed opinion/complaint and it's very annoying to those of us who really want to know about the product. (See the latest Dooney TSV for an example.) This forum is the place to state your opinion, NOT the Reviews, so please use it.  

You can't control other people. Sometimes I wish we could but it's not possible. Yes, I sometimes react when I should have walked away too.  In the end, we can only control ourselves and it's not worth getting upset.

I have found it's pretty easy to identify those who have the product and those who don't.  And you have to take reviews with a grain of salt even if someone has purchased the product.