Regular Contributor

JUST STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

[ Edited ]

If you haven't purchased and received an item, you are not capable of reviewing it. When you write a "review" of an item you do not own, you are merely stating your uninformed opinion/complaint and it's very annoying to those of us who really want to know about the product. (See the latest Dooney TSV for an example.) This forum is the place to state your opinion, NOT the Reviews, so please use it.  

Football is my favorite season.
Honored Contributor

@Hawkfan83.  Unfortunately the people using the reviews to express opinions are not participants here on the boards so they are unlikely to see your message.  QVC should be taking care of this problem but apparently nobody there cares.  There isn't much we can do about it

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Maybe your complaint should be directed toward QVC for allowing people who haven’t purchased items to review them. There are plenty of other online shopping companies which mark reviews as “verified” or don’t allow people to write reviews at all unless they’ve made a purchase. 

Regular Contributor

@MaryLamb  Done that.

Football is my favorite season.
Respected Contributor

Re: JUST STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

[ Edited ]

I'm clueless but it seems it wouldn't be that hard to make reviews have to go through your order status page where you bought the item. Know what I mean?

And I agree, reviews from those who have not even purchased the item are worthless, bordering on deceptive and deceitful, and just plain stupid.   

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me and I have a feeling people who see the reviewer did not actually buy and use the product will just pass that review by. The Q doesn't care because they did their part when they ask the reviewer if they bought the product or used the product, I forget how it's worded.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wrote a review recently, (5 stars, for the 5-foot fiddle leaf fig tree by Valerie), and it took several days before it was approved and posted. I don’t understand why, during the approval process, the reviews aren’t vetted to confirm that the item was actually purchased. Those reviews for items not purchased should not be printed. Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

I wrote a review recently, and it took several days before it was approved and posted. I don’t understand why, during the approval process, the reviews aren’t vetted to confirm that the item was actually purchased. Those   reviews for items not purchased should not be printed. Woman Surprised

@handygal2 

You ask a great question handygal....Why is it taking so long for approval when some go through without even buying or receiving or using the product yet...And whats really going on in the approval process???? Thats what we all want to know!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

You can report it, but I don't know what good it would do.

Honored Contributor

It won't do any good to write to the PTB.  They'd been notified of this situation over the years by more than one person.  They simply don't care.  I suspect they just use the cheapest outsourced company they could get to run the review system.