Honored Contributor

I read somewhere where the people who rep for the vendors on Qvc get 800 dollars to present the item. I would certainly love a job that paid that much for that little investment in my time. If you live close to the QVC studio it's even more lucrative.Of course if the vendor doesn't want to pay a rep. they buy a home or have an apartment close to the Q and come in themselves.

Esteemed Contributor
@blackhole99. Yes that is a nice sum of money. I presume most of the reps live in the area
Esteemed Contributor
Thanks everyone. I was just curious.
Respected Contributor

Re: JUST CURIOUS

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat wrote:
On some of these overnight shows they have a vendor or rep come just to show one item? It just seems outrageously inconvenient and unnecessary. Aren’t the hosts capable of showing an item without the vendor for or it’s rep - especially a fashion item. Do these vendors have to buy or rent places in TheWest Chester area since they have to appear on the Q so often. I know the PLW vendor mentioned she has a place in the area since she has to be there so often

Many do. Others are close. Parts of New York and New Jersey are close, as are parts of Deleware and Maryland. It takes about an hour less to drive from New York City to Westchester, PA than it takes me to drive from Austin, TX to Dallas.

Respected Contributor

Some of them are just random people who are selected to represent the product or line, with no prior affiliation.  I've seen it advertised as a job opportunity on the Q website.   I don't care for it -- a parade of unnecessary people.  (Not all of them; some of them.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

In the case of Harry Slatkin, I think the main part of his willingness to fly back and forth is because he likes to handle everything himself; whenever he's co-presenting his items with a Q host, you can tell he's trying (often unsuccessfully) to reign in his desire to take over and talk over everything.  Smiley Happy

I’ve yet to see a presentation where he easily shares the talk time. Has anyone else ever presented a Slatkin product?

Esteemed Contributor
@SuZyQ. I never asked whether Q knew what it was doing did I. And the fact they know what they’re doing is debatable. I was just curious. People around here seem to be so plugged in to everything related to the Q. I know one thing they need to fix their website. I had to digb In 12 times to respond to this “)(“@@&$$) post
Esteemed Contributor
@Alison Wonderland Thank you. That makes sense. Thank you