Esteemed Contributor
On some of these overnight shows they have a vendor or rep come just to show one item? It just seems outrageously inconvenient and unnecessary. Aren’t the hosts capable of showing an item without the vendor for or it’s rep - especially a fashion item. Do these vendors have to buy or rent places in TheWest Chester area since they have to appear on the Q so often. I know the PLW vendor mentioned she has a place in the area since she has to be there so often
Trusted Contributor

@Teddixat  You do what ever is necessary to sell your product. I feel the same about any vender or rep anytime of the day.

Super Contributor

My guess is that QVC sells by using the conversation technique.  Yes, it is possible for the host to speak directly to the camera and one-on-one to the home audience, but it seems much more authentic if the vendor and the host are talking about the product by having a chat with each other.  

Respected Contributor

I don't ever see the overnight shows but do you think it is possible that they are giving the vendors an opportunity to practice their presentation skills?  Or are you seeing seasoned vendors in the wee hours?

Esteemed Contributor

@Island Girl.

Seasoned vendors.   Harry Slatkin told Joill Bauer yesterday (not on overnight) that he was on vacation and flew back just to present two fricking candles that were on clearance!!!!

Respected Contributor

I'm glad they are at least showing original shows.  On some other channels (mostly Evine), they show repeats all night long!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I'm quite sure that a huge corporation like QVC knows what it is doing. They must find it reasonable and profitable.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat

The husband of a friend is a sales rep for a medical equipment company.  His territory is the East Coast.  Almost everyday, he travels hours to (try to) sell one piece of equipment.

A vendor coming to QVC stands to sell thousands of his product across the US in just one appearance.  Seems to me it's worth his/her time and effort to travel to PA to appear on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@IslandGirl.

Seasoned vendors.   Harry Slatkin told Joill Bauer yesterday (not on overnight) that he was on vacation and flew back just to present two fricking candles that were on clearance!!!!

😲

Esteemed Contributor

In the case of Harry Slatkin, I think the main part of his willingness to fly back and forth is because he likes to handle everything himself; whenever he's co-presenting his items with a Q host, you can tell he's trying (often unsuccessfully) to reign in his desire to take over and talk over everything.  Smiley Happy