Honored Contributor

Re: “In this Day Of Age”

@Desertdi    Maybe it means more people listen very carefully than mute the sound the way I do unless I want to buy whatever is being presented.  Of course, for me that means I walk away from the TV and it shines on for hours sometimes.  Wastes power but at least I am not irritated or sidetracked by it.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Desertdi    Maybe it means more people listen very carefully than mute the sound the way I do unless I want to buy whatever is being presented.  Of course, for me that means I walk away from the TV and it shines on for hours sometimes.  Wastes power but at least I am not irritated or sidetracked by it.

@millieshops    Usually, I fall asleep watching shopping shows.....but, flat screen TVs take very little electricity (!!)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Whoever "she" is why not politely tell her on her FB page?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Why don't they correct her?  It's like the fourth time I've heard her use this phrase incorrectly.

Presumably, "she" is a seller on the Q. If she sells, she's doing her job.

This is not a crime or a dereliction of duty. No one is injured by the variation on this phrase. Life goes on.

Personally I have things that worry me that seem to me to be more important than this issue.

Maywe all be similarly Blessed. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Who really cares!!  It could be a regional thing from where she grew up as there are many everywhere.  Obviously, it seems those posting understood what she was saying!   Why would any of the host's bosses neglect their real duties to correct every little thing a host does or says?  Waste of time!!!  How would  any of us like to be correct constantly for things that do not really have any effect on the outcome of their job?

If I was on television and I was saying a phrase incorrectly over and over, I would want to know about it.  I also don't think this is a regional thing.

Respected Contributor

I think people who speak in such a setting as tv selling should use common expressions properly. 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   ah, that's why my bill stays fairly static!  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Gosh, another incorrect phrase - one that does not even make sense, like, "On the day."

I can only guess who is saying this.  I have not heard it, but it would drive me nuts too.  I TOO THINK THE HOSTS SHOULD BE CORRECTED WHEN THEY CHANGE WORDS IN PHRASES.  Aren't TPTB even watching them?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Who really cares!!  It could be a regional thing from where she grew up as there are many everywhere.  Obviously, it seems those posting understood what she was saying!   Why would any of the host's bosses neglect their real duties to correct every little thing a host does or says?  Waste of time!!!  How would  any of us like to be correct constantly for things that do not really have any effect on the outcome of their job?

If I was on television and I was saying a phrase incorrectly over and over, I would want to know about it.  I also don't think this is a regional thing.

Thank YOU for being so reasonable and understanding.  I appreciate your thoughts.  Always so well thought out.

Honored Contributor

another cryptic thread...