Valued Contributor

Have you all noticed that things are "in process" much longer these days? I have four items marked like that but they say the estimated delivery date is 4/4. Today is 4/2 so I don't think that will happen.

Honored Contributor

I agree

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I think it depends on what you're ordering.  I ordered the LDO maxi dress the day it was presented and received it within 2-3 days.  I ordered a second color and that's due for delivery Wednesday.  I believe I ordered it last Friday.  I'm pleased.

Honored Contributor

I notice that 'in process' starts sooner but lasts longer.  Last week I placed an order that morning but changed my mind by afternoon but it was too late to cancel.  If nothing else it will keep cancellations down.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Regular Contributor

Yes I have.  I feeel that is done to we cannot cancel the item.  Once it sates "in process" we are stuck with it and can;t change our minds.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Last week I cancelled an item that I had on Waitlist.  A couple of days later i received an email that said it was In Process.  I couldn't stop it and the item was mailed out today.  Now it's going to cost me a bundle to send it back. 

Honored Contributor

I have definitely noticed this long processing time., I have also experienced longer shipping time, but more disturbing is if I order something, change my mind, try to cancel 2 hrs. later....the “order’s processing”. Quite doubtful that the order is already being prepared to ship according to CS. What are they doing with it for the 4 or 5 days before it actually ships?

I think it’s all a ploy to keep orders from being canceled. You order it, it’s yours, but just not until they decide to stuff it in a $10 plastic envelope for mailing. 

Valued Contributor

Yes, this is happening.  I have been away for almost a year and I used to order something and then maybe within the next two days decide I don't want it and cancel it.  Now it is withiin hours given an In Process status to thwart people like me.  I have stopped ordering like I used to and have started being very careful.  I just sent a bunch of stuff back and paid the postage because I couldn't cancel them.  Grrrr.

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doowrote:

Last week I cancelled an item that I had on Waitlist.  A couple of days later i received an email that said it was In Process.  I couldn't stop it and the item was mailed out today.  Now it's going to cost me a bundle to send it back. 

@Scooby Doo, if you canceled a waitlist item and it was sent out a couple of days later contact the mods. You won't have to pay to send it back.

Frequent Contributor

Interesting how I roder something and changed my mind 2 hours later.  Called in

to cancel the order and was told I couldn't because it was already in process of

being shipped.  Now 4 days later it is still sitting at the first location waiting to move

on.  Probably will be at least another week before it is even close.  Strange that

you can't cancel an order within two hours but sits in process for days.  Moral to

that story is don 't order something unless you are absolutely sure you want it.