Honored Contributor

The host has now called out a price of $39.00 three times on a product that shows to be $39.68. Should QVC sell this beauty product for the price the host calls out? Yes, it is on the screen, but what about those who don't see well. Opinions/thoughts. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think so, there is always the human element involved as humans (even hosts on QVC) make mistakes..... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

They actually engage in much greater offenses than this....like when they say "for just $20" you an get this.....yada yada....when the price is something like $40 with 2 easy pays (so it's $40, not $20). They also sometimes try to translate that first easy payment with a certain number of cups of coffee that we all supposedly buy (which would always be much more than I spend on cups of coffee!). I know....I know...,they're just doing their job in trying to sell.....LOL

Honored Contributor

Why doesn't the producer correct the host through her earpiece ?? They keep them updated on everthing else.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

This is not the first time the host quoted an incorrect price.

I saw it happen yesterday when a set of stretch animal bracelets price was clearly shown on the screen for $6.84 but the host repeated "for seven bucks".  I wondered why is she giving the viewers the wrong price.

And I agree, there are customers who are visually impaired and rely on thorough descriptions of the products being shown.  For that reason, if any, whoever is speaking into her earpiece should correct her. 

Is everyone there inept?

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

Thank all of you for your thoughts. Now I will give mine. It was not an error in my opinion when the host gave the incorrect price several times, unless she/he either cannot see or read. I believe QVC should sell to the viewer the quoted price. Some people have to rely and are dependent on correct pricing being called out over the air. 

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

They actually engage in much greater offenses than this....like when they say "for just $20" you an get this.....yada yada....when the price is something like $40 with 2 easy pays (so it's $40, not $20). They also sometimes try to translate that first easy payment with a certain number of cups of coffee that we all supposedly buy (which would always be much more than I spend on cups of coffee!). I know....I know...,they're just doing their job in trying to sell.....LOL

"And this would have a ONE in front of it if you shopped elsewhere" really irks me.    I have found Anne Klein for less than D&C............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

You are right, also when they say, "get this home for under $40" for a $39.68 item that has a $5 shipping charge.  No sorry, NO ONE will get it home for less than $40.  You have to add tax and shipping and by then it is close to $50. 

Esteemed Contributor

@tantallum wrote:

You are right, also when they say, "get this home for under $40" for a $39.68 item that has a $5 shipping charge.  No sorry, NO ONE will get it home for less than $40.  You have to add tax and shipping and by then it is close to $50. 

They must think we are all stupid and failed math somewhere along the line!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If The Host

[ Edited ]

I hate when a item is 39.98 and the host says under 40.00 , when you add txs and S&H it comes to about 10 bucks more.  I wish they would say nothing, we can see the price and figure it out.

Sorry, didn,t read other post that said the same.