Honored Contributor

Re: If The Host

[ Edited ]

Times have changed... Even in actual stores it used to be that if an item was mismarked or even displayed in the wrong section with a price listed other than the actual one, the customer would be given the lower price. While this still happens sometimes at some stores, it's far from universal. I think the reality is that the hosts all too often use shorthand for the prices. It used to annoy some viewers when some hosts would add the 'and change' comment, but at least it was more accurate than quoting to the nearest whole dollar. If they're going to use round numbers then rounding up is a better way to go.

For me, it isn't an issue. When I order, I order online so I know exactly what I'm paying. I believe too that even when ordering by phone the order taker will give you a total amount, so there should be no surprises.

All that said, yes, I too am sick of them gilding the lily about price to try to move the goods. It borders on being intentionally misleading.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

The Q has always misrepresented prices in a devious way they can get by on that they don't in B&M. I'm sure they have succeeded in bringing in many sales with this device. Selling and buying today: BUYER BEWARE and it is your responsibility to be a smart buyer. If it were as such "illegal," their lawyers would not permit it.