Respected Contributor

Re: IT'S FREE SHIPPING SATURDAY!

In small print the notice says that the free shipping is applied at checkout. One has to go through the checkout process and when you get to shipping preference it shows standard as 0.00.

This is a confusing method to apply free shipping and to entice folks to buy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

Must only be on items shown on air.  I don't have a 'wish list', but checked out a few items I've been considering - they all had added shipping costs.  

@tototwo- It's on everything.  When you first click on an item, it shows the regular S&H, but then a few seconds later it changes to "Free S&H".

(ETA:  @SunValley - I haven't had to go to checkout to see the "Free S&H".  It shows when I'm looking at individual items, before I add them to my cart.)

Respected Contributor

@Venezia thanks for sharing your experience. It looks like it depends on the device one is using as to how the shipping is showing up as free. Hopefully people will not be discouraged if they have something they waited to purchase. 

Respected Contributor

YAY!!! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Yes, Alaskaand Hawaii doesn’t have standard s&h. We are off shore non priority. Hence we are not included.

Honored Contributor

I need to remember not to order anymore unless I get free shipping.  Just got a fairly lightweight order with two cosmetic items so that was $6.00 in shipping I could have saved.  I didn't "need" these so should have waited for the free ship day.  Learned a lesson.   (two different  orders, different brands and sent in one box)

Respected Contributor

I ordered a couple items that I otherwise would probably have skipped. Ordered two beauty items last weekend, then flash free ship came on, think for beauty items only. Tried to cancel but did not go through, CS said I could return etc. more trouble then it's worth. Learned lesson, few future purchases unless free shipping. Wish there were more new beauty items on a day of beauty, too much of same old, same old and then marathon presentations.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @Venezia -- I went to two different items and stayed on the pages long enough to read reviews and check color options.  Neither one of them switched to "free shipping."   I left the QVC website and didn't come back till this morning.  Look at all the money I saved myself!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo- I'm sure in that case, if you'd put the things in your cart, you'd have seen the free shipping.  I only ordered one thing and saved myself $5.50 S&H (plus tax on it, since it's taxed in my state).

I looked at a couple of other things, but by the time I decided to order the sizes I wanted were gone.  Not things I really needed anyway.

I think, as others have said, it's probably best to wait to order until they offer free shipping.  Unless it's something you really need immediately, there's no rush.  I'm sure we all have enough "stuff".  I know I do.

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo - In case it is helpful in the future, I noticed that when I was browsing items on my tablet, they didn't show up with free shipping even after being placed in my cart; I had to move through the checkout process in order to see the shipping cost change to zero. However, when I was browsing on my desktop computer, there was a little banner under the price on each item page indicating the free shipping.

I'm sure this was very confusing for people! Hopefully the Q can get the indicators fixed the next time free shipping is offered.