Frequent Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart April 4 Update

[ Edited ]

Thank you, thank you, thank you Walmart.  I do grocery pickup.  Yes, I've had to wait until after midnight to place my order but at least I can do that.  I may not get all the items on my list, but I do get most.  Thanks to you and ALL Walmart employees and other grocery chains!  You are putting your lives on the line for US and nobody should be yelling at you or spray substances in your faces.  Nobody.  Please be safe.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like the yelling customers have calmed down a bit.  You shouldn't have to deal with that nonsense.  You're doing a great job, wish you well.

Regular Contributor

Thank you!  I appreciate all you do!

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 wrote:

Hi, our employee who was sprayed in the face, by a customer did file a police report. The police did come to our store and washed out her eyes with a special solution. She will be ok and is a married mother of two children.

I had a customer yell at me because I asked her to not use cloth bags to pack her groceries. Our MA Governor banned them. She told me that they are her bags and she can do whatever she wants with them. Then she said that she will never shop in Walmart again!

Today our paint dept, fabric and ammunition depths are closed. We also have gates now to separate customers, six feet apart and only come into the store in one door and out the exit door.

Lots of employees have called out and some cry because they are just overwhelmed with everything.

We are getting free soda and water, along with cookies, crackers and candy in the breakroom and only one person at a table six feet apart.

A customer brought me a mask and gloves to wear. Walmart soon will be giving us two masks and gloves per day.

We are also having Seniors shop 6 to 7am each day.

And now a customer can buy 3 milks and unlimited water.

When I get home I'am so tired from work. At least I have a job to go to for now. It's been 12 years working in our Walmart for me.

Sending prayers to all  the QVC community. Be safe.

@Libra2 

It's hard working, kind, special people like you who are keeping the country going!  I am thankful for you and all you do.  Please know that you are so appreciated.  Blessings for your safety!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
New Contributor

Thank you for all that you are doing to help others.  Please take care and stay safe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Libra2 

Thank you for the update....so sorry to hear all that you're are dealing with---some people are so rude....and its a blessing that the RUDE customer that said she will "never shop in Walmart again" said she wont return to the store---well GOODBYE & GOOD RIDDANCE she can become another store's problem!!! 

I think the Managers should be patroling the checkout areas and deal with the difficult customers!

Thank you for all you---HANG IN THERE AND STAY SAFE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

what MA. Store do u work in?