Occasional Visitor

Re: I will miss Carolyn Gracie

Where did you read this at? I just randomly thought of her just now while watching QVC and went searching to find out anything on her and find this out! Where did you find out she was let go?

Respected Contributor

@Suzanne1971 

Google her name and "Layoff".....

Occasional Contributor

Qvc said that they lost so much money they had to get rid of a lot of people...Carolyn and Dan in March...This is Sept. and they have  four new hosts...One of them said she started in June...So all of it was a Lie...

Trusted Contributor

@Furtado  Historically new employees are paid alot less than employees who've been there many many years.

Valued Contributor

Trying to be kind to you.  But she and you will be alright.  Life will go on.  You might even bond with another host just as much. 

Try and take this change as an opportunity for something new.

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Contributor

I don't miss carolyn..I miss Dan and now that it is fall because he used to sell those fall mats that I liked. Im mad they fired him..HE wasn't on all of the time anyways. I think that he did the computers too. It doesn't make any sense..the new hosts don't do it for me.
Occasional Contributor

I can not believe that they let Carolyn and Dan go. I do not watch the newer hosts because I can not stand how they present the items. I find them to sound over the top phony and way too boring. They all sound the same, which I am sure has a lot to do with their cookie cutter training. I will be cutting back my shopping with this new crew. I wish Jennifer C. Would have been let go instead. Miss Yoon is really awful. It is painful to listen to her over exaggerating speaking patterns. I will save money.
Regular Contributor

I miss her as well. The only other host I will watch is Leah Williams.
She has a pleasant voice.
Speaking over a representative from the product is rude an annoying, example Shawn. Isn't suppose to be about the product?
And men selling women's bras and panties ?
You kidding me? The know about support and fit?
If I want to see products now I just go on line
It's is definately more pleasant and informative
Regular Contributor

Ditto
Contributor

I just received a Facebook advertisement for Valerie Parr Hill's Christmas items.  I went to QVC's site to take a closer look at an item and low & behold the video was Dan Hughes & Valerie visiting about the item.

I'm really enjoying Dan & Carolyn's Facebook pages but it was really nice to see Dan & Valerie together again.  Such a nice show.