Respected Contributor

Re: I will miss Carolyn Gracie

Sandra is an excellent home gardener.

I found her shows and presentations vastly superior to the faux pretender of the Garden Throne.

Trusted Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Sandra is an excellent home gardener.

I found her shows and presentations vastly superior to the faux pretender of the Garden Throne.

That's funny because I remember Sandra saying when she first started hosting the gardening shows that she knew very little about gardening.  If you are referring to Carolyn as a faux pretender don't know what you base that on considering she many times showed her own home garden and it was obvious she knew of what she spoke.  

Occasional Contributor

I just discovered Carolyn is gone!  I thought she was on vacation.  She was one of my favorites and always pointed out interesting things about her products. I loved the way she worked with Gary and put together outfits.

Best wishes to you Carolyn!  Bad move, QVC.

Honored Contributor

She didn't die.  She's on Factbook, Instagram, Tic Tok, YouTube.   She's setting up a website for those who don't do social media.  She'll talk about gardening, pets, home improvements, her RV travels.  And she has those squirrels with her.  You don't have to miss her.  You can continue the friendship.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

She didn't die.  She's on Factbook, Instagram, Tic Tok, YouTube.   She's setting up a website for those who don't do social media.  She'll talk about gardening, pets, home improvements, her RV travels.  And she has those squirrels with her.  You don't have to miss her.  You can continue the friendship.

@chrystaltree  No, thanks!  I don't need her "know it all" attitude.

Occasional Contributor

Carolyn was my very very favorite host at the Q.  I feel betrayed both on her behalf and on my own.  I am done with the Q now.  She is so kind, so sweet, so normal--unlike many younger hosts on that channel.

Occasional Contributor

Stupid typical heartless corporate decision. Guess what? Carolyn is beloved!  A lot of the thin young hosts are not loved like that.  Just such a cruel decision.  I realize now that I cannot shop there anymore.  Fools!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Let's see: the Q is in trouble. What shall we do? Let's get rid of one of our most qualified hosts.  

New Contributor

We miss her, too, and once again, her personality was more important to me than the clothing.  I was not offended by the squirrel gag or the commentary with Gary Gobain.  I almost feel like she was a victim of age discrimination, but the economy has been rough for a lot of folks. Maybe QVC can convince her to come back on a part-time basis along with others who were laid off/let go/whatever you call it.  Should have really had more of a sendoff and 'thank you' for her many years of service.  

Respected Contributor

The entertainment value of this thread is picking up.