Honored Contributor

Re: I want to share how my son feels about QVC

That is funny. I asked my grand nieces which turned 15 & 16 if they knew what QVC or HSN was? They both gave me a strange look. I told them what they were. They both said they have never heard of them. They have no interest in watching it. They are too busy on their phones.  

Trusted Contributor

@Linda0215 Oh yes, I was laughing out loud. I knew he wasn't a fan. I'm not exactly sure why Smiley Happy. It did bring back so many memories though.

Trusted Contributor

@Franklinbell Yes, and I often wondered what his teacher thought. 

Trusted Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower Haha, he didn't like it then and doesn't like it now. He will eat some chocolate, like chocolate chip cookies. But, all chocolate? Nope. Crazy kid.

Trusted Contributor

I thought maybe I should clarify his "sining". He wasn't saying "sinning", he meant "signing". My cousin is deaf so the family learned sign language. That's what that reference means. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

So adorable! Maybe if they sold stuff for little boys he'd like it better. Anyway, thanks for sharing such a cute story. I wonder what his teacher thought?! Ha-ha 

Super Contributor

@cjm61, this is sooo precious!  On a side note, how are you doing with the purge?  IF that was what you were doing!  😊  I can't do it!  I have all their mementos too!  We are around the same age, and our children too!

Honored Contributor

Omg that is so very funny.  I can totally relate to that.  Qvc was on our tv throughout my girls' childhoods.  They referred to it as "your QVC".   

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

He doesn't like chocolate ??

Many people don't.  My 10 year old great niece doesn't like chocolate or any candy with the exception of marshmallows.  

Trusted Contributor

@Coastalcarolina This purging is something I really needed to do. The books were getting full of bugs and creatures. Some art work wasn't holding up well. I am taking photos of the most important stuff and uploading to Shutterfly. I will then make a book for each child with "pictures" of their work instead of the actual artwork that is deteriorating, along with all their little love notes to mom and dad. 

I have to admit, I was kind of excited. I have only gotten through my oldest child's. I thought, "this will be cool, I can throw all this stuff out". After photographing the work and uploading I started tossing the items in the trash. That wasn't as easy as I thought. Unfortunately, my kids just don't want there artwork, but they want me to keep their stuff. 

The Shutterfly books will be a surprise for Christmas.