Occasional Contributor

My family has been shopping with QVC 30 years. I can't remember having any issues with the company before. I am so disappointed with how my recent order has been handled. 

I ordered a set of Homeworx candles for my father's birthday. He lives in another state, so I shipped the order from QVC to him. The order was placed on Sept. 8th and was to ship out the week of Sept. 15th. Silly me, I figured that was enough time for it to reach him by Oct 1st, his birthday. Other candles my family ordered on the same day arrived the week of the 15th.

This order as of now, Sept 26th,  has not shipped, even though it has allegedly been in stock the entire time. I've been contacting QVC since the 19th about this order. There has been 5 emails and 3 phone calls exchanged. Here is a sample of the email responses:

"I truly apologize as we’re currently updating our fulfillment centers to
allow us to deliver product faster to you, and some temporary delays may be
affecting your order." 9/19

"I'm so sorry to hear that your order has not shipped. I do see that it is
in the process of shipping as of right now. With an estimated delivery date
of on or about 9/30/19. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience." 9/22

"I do see that your order XXXXXX, item H213636, the Homeworx by Harry
Slatkin Set of 3 Ice Cream Cone is in the process of shipping.
Unfortunately, we are waiting for the vendor/warehouse to finish processing
your order and ship this item out. Once the item shipped we will have a
tracking number to follow. I show your estimated delivery date is on or
around 10/2/19. I do apologize for the confusion." 9/24

"I'm very sorry that your email wasn't answered more quickly. I see you were
able to contact a Customer Service associate. I hope we were able to
address your request. If you still need assistance, please feel free to
reply to this email or call us at 800-367-9444 between 7am - 1am ET, seven
days a week." 9/24

The phone calls were more of the same. A supervisor promised that the order would be shipped today, but it hasn't shipped yet. She would not upgrade the shipping because she said the computer wouldn't allow her to do it. IF, it ships today, it is possible he will receive it in time, but the estimated delivery date is Oct 2nd on the website.

Personally, I will never purchase a gift through QVC again. I'm not sure I will purchase anything, but definately not a gift. If it doesn't ship today, I'll have to call my Dad and tell him he wont be getting a birtthday gift anytime soon. He will probably say it doesn't matter, but I know it really is important to him. Thanks QVC.

QVC Customer Care

Re: I am so frustrated with QVC

Hi @Frustrated111 I am so sorry for your firstration and can understand your disappointment. I checked the order and it has been loaded on the truck for shipping, 

Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry you are going through this.  I just know your dear father will be very understanding of this.  The only hurt would have been if you had ignored his special day and will take it in stride.  You are a very good daughter.

Honored Contributor

It would be nice if you were at least credited with the S&H charges, @Frustrated111.

Happy birthday to your father.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel your frustration and it is justified.  If you really want him to have them by his birthday I would overnight him a set you have already received.  You should not have to do this, you should not have to incurr the extra hassle & expense, but if having them on his birthday will make his day even more special, I would just do it.  QVC clearly let you down and you have every right to be frustrated with them.  More & more companies these days are failing to deliver good service and their response tends to be these run-around in circles type answers.  I am going through the same thing with Amazon right now.  One way or another, I hope your dad gets his candles by his birthday.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Super Contributor

I would be MORE than frustrated if something was ordered on September 8 and was just now being loaded on the truck for shipping today.  I think I did hear several times that candles and chocolate are not shipped until the 15th because of heat and melting issues.  Still, it should have been shipped by now.  I hope it gets to your dad in time for his birthday.

Super Contributor

This is in no way a solution, but could you email him a picure of the gift and say that it is on its way? I know it is not the same, but at least he knows you did not forget him.

Respected Contributor

@tansy  I totally agree. Many companies will credit s&h, give a discount or a credit for next time.

Poor customer service has definitely become a regular 

sop with QVC. Excellent customer service used to be 

sop, now it is becoming much less frequent.

Occasional Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Hi @Frustrated111 I am so sorry for your firstration and can understand your disappointment. I checked the order and it has been loaded on the truck for shipping, 

I hope you are right. The QVC website still shows that it is "in process" but maybe it just takes a while to update?

Esteemed Contributor

@frustrated   

@Frustrated111 wrote:

My family has been shopping with QVC 30 years. I can't remember having any issues with the company before. I am so disappointed with how my recent order has been handled. 

I ordered a set of Homeworx candles for my father's birthday. He lives in another state, so I shipped the order from QVC to him. The order was placed on Sept. 8th and was to ship out the week of Sept. 15th. Silly me, I figured that was enough time for it to reach him by Oct 1st, his birthday. Other candles my family ordered on the same day arrived the week of the 15th.

This order as of now, Sept 26th,  has not shipped, even though it has allegedly been in stock the entire time. I've been contacting QVC since the 19th about this order. There has been 5 emails and 3 phone calls exchanged. Here is a sample of the email responses:

"I truly apologize as we’re currently updating our fulfillment centers to
allow us to deliver product faster to you, and some temporary delays may be
affecting your order." 9/19

"I'm so sorry to hear that your order has not shipped. I do see that it is
in the process of shipping as of right now. With an estimated delivery date
of on or about 9/30/19. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience." 9/22

"I do see that your order XXXXXX, item H213636, the Homeworx by Harry
Slatkin Set of 3 Ice Cream Cone is in the process of shipping.
Unfortunately, we are waiting for the vendor/warehouse to finish processing
your order and ship this item out. Once the item shipped we will have a
tracking number to follow. I show your estimated delivery date is on or
around 10/2/19. I do apologize for the confusion." 9/24

"I'm very sorry that your email wasn't answered more quickly. I see you were
able to contact a Customer Service associate. I hope we were able to
address your request. If you still need assistance, please feel free to
reply to this email or call us at 800-367-9444 between 7am - 1am ET, seven
days a week." 9/24

The phone calls were more of the same. A supervisor promised that the order would be shipped today, but it hasn't shipped yet. She would not upgrade the shipping because she said the computer wouldn't allow her to do it. IF, it ships today, it is possible he will receive it in time, but the estimated delivery date is Oct 2nd on the website.

Personally, I will never purchase a gift through QVC again. I'm not sure I will purchase anything, but definately not a gift. If it doesn't ship today, I'll have to call my Dad and tell him he wont be getting a birtthday gift anytime soon. He will probably say it doesn't matter, but I know it really is important to him. Thanks QVC.

My week was awful also with their shipping.  Items lost, ad on items, wrong colors, etc.  I would not order Christmas gifts.  I remember when  you could order right before Christmas or anytime and get the items quick.  They are going backwards, although it was better then, not advancing in their shipping.  The company has gone downhill.  I ordered Este Lauded and received items, with samples, no s/H in two days this week..  What is wrong with the Q?