Honored Contributor

While I am sorry about the hosts who lost their jobs, remember all the behind-the-scenes people who were also let go.  

As one of the customers who usually shops off the website and doesn't know many of the hosts as well as some posters here, I'd have to say there are other factors for me, that determine my shopping habits. 

I was much more annoyed at the months-long free shipping offer for new customers, only.  And I was pleased at the few offers I recently received, that give me an incentive to shop here.   

New Contributor

I have been a qvc customer since the 1980s and this is the first blog post I have written. I am so upset qvc let Carolyn and Dan go especially compared to some of the newer hosts that have no personality or strut around like they think they are something else.  I will no longer be shopping with qvc 

New Contributor

I was also very angry about the free month is shipping for new customers.  I have been a qvc customer for over 35 years and have gotten basically nothing for my loyalty. And now them letting go good hosts while they keep the obnoxious or hire ones with no personality. I am out Qvc

Esteemed Contributor

@HMSR wrote:

I was also very angry about the free month is shipping for new customers.  I have been a qvc customer for over 35 years and have gotten basically nothing for my loyalty. And now them letting go good hosts while they keep the obnoxious or hire ones with no personality. I am out Qvc

@HMSR   They gave them free shipping for 3 months.  They lost a lot of business from me for doing that.  That was wrong!

Respected Contributor

@HMSR wrote:

Many are outraged at how callous this man David Rawlinson is. Letting go seasoned employees who were loyal to the core.  Society has changed for the worse. corporations do not value anything but profits. 

Occasional Contributor

I've noticed that the newer, younger, hyper XXS hosts spend more time looking at their reflections in the monitor, or worse, this morning I watched a host ordering clothes that she was supposed to be presenting, on her phone while on the air. At least Carolyn knew that if something sold out before the show ended, she was out of luck. She has class.

Time for a QVC break. I've gone a little overboard the last couple of months, mostly thanks to Carolyn and Gary. In fact, I ordered TWO of the tie dye shirts yesterday morning on what would be her last show. I guess I have a reason to pay off the easy pays and take a break. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mommytwins wrote:

I was in total shell shock when I saw the news couple hours ago on facebook! Mad angry upset you name it. I guess they must have fired her right after her show yesterday? I feel they should have made an announcement and I also feel its "age discrimination" too!!! Seems whoever worked there 30 plus years ...I dont want much if at all HSN but I see they also let Shannon Smith go too!  Its said that 400 employees were laid off but this is a shell shocker to me on Carolyn (Dan as well!)  

Spoiler

I have already been slowly pulling away from the Q already but I will even moreso now. No one will ever replace the chemistry the two of them had....the Garolyn Show!!!! Best team EVER as far as Im concerned on the Q!!!! 

See they bring in the youngins hoping for getting a more younger audience and also dont pay as much to the younger hosts!  As upset as I am I almost count this just even more as a Blessing as ****** as I am for Carolyn and Dan --- meaning, I've already pulled back but this gives me even MORE reason to really pull back...not to mention prices are a single top is outrageous and yes I know I know prices have gone up everywhere still...I can now go to higher end stores and get better quality for just about the same price if not cheaper and deals on top of it! So that...part, is a blessing but this really sucks about Carolyn, and Dan! 

@mommytwins   They will never get the young people.  They could care less about QVC.  They would not put up with shipping problems etc.  They shop elsewhere.

Frequent Contributor

I really don't understand the attachment some customers have to the hosts. I have some host I like more than others, but, to say I'm not shopping because two hosts were let go is strange to me. I don't want to see people lose their jobs, but there are also 398 other employees who lost their jobs. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@tbird  Buh-bye now.

@Love my grandkids   You are rude to everyone.   Shame on you!!

Occasional Contributor

It's not about the host .

It's about how QVC treats its employees .

Apparently they do not care whether  the customers like or dislike certain hosts .

We are the ones that watch and if we don't like someone , we won't watch them .

I don't watch anymore .  I can check online .

I don't need to listen to a nervewracking host .

It's the principle of the thing . I care about how they treat their employees and I will not support a company like that .

Firing someone with no  notice is heartless and mean .

These hosts put in decades at QVC and all of a sudden they are told they no longer have a job.

Carolyn just mentioned a show she had coming up and now she is gone .

Carolyn was a great person and a great host .