Respected Contributor
The gummies they were just selling contain malitol, which can cause stomach distress if you eat too much. I know what it does to me, so I have to avoid it or I will pay.

If you want a good laugh, check out the reviews of sugar free gummies on Amazon.
Honored Contributor

Yes, also Sorbitol

Respected Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:
The gummies they were just selling contain malitol, which can cause stomach distress if you eat too much. I know what it does to me, so I have to avoid it or I will pay.

If you want a good laugh, check out the reviews of sugar free gummies on Amazon.

Learned my lesson years ago after purchasing Somerize chocolates on HSN.Cat Surprised

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I can remember when a bunch of people bought and subsequently pigged out on some sugar-free gummies on Amazon.  My there were some hot, explicit reviews.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Most of the brand named sugar-free candies, especially chocolates, contain malitol or sorbitol. They can both cause digestive problems, sometimes just eating a small amount.

Respected Contributor

Re: Beware the Malitol

[ Edited ]

Tom and Jenny's Sugar-Free Caramels have Maltitol Syrup as a sweetener. Tried them and they were delicious, but my stomach reacted negatively after trying several times.

Honored Contributor

Children too, beware giving them sugar free treats. 

Honored Contributor

Beware that "health" drink they are selling. It says no artificial sweeteners but two of them are in it plus sugar. 2 servings bring one drink to 11 grams of carbohydrates. 

Honored Contributor

Some artificial sweeteners can cause OAB issues. That happened to me a few times when I thought I had an UTI but tests came back negative. Did some research and found it was the sweeteners so after I stopped eating stuff containing them my OAB went away.

Trusted Contributor

8 greens other ingredients:

OTHER INGREDIENTS: CITRIC ACID, SORBITOL, NATURAL FLAVORS, CORN STARCH, SAFFLOWER OIL, STEVIA LEAF EXTRACT.

Alot of expensive "health" supplements have these sweeteners. I wish they wouldn't add these. I personally take health supplements  for the actual health benefits not the sweet yummy flavor. If I want sweet and yummy I'll eat a little ice cream

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz