Trusted Contributor
Just my opinion, but all that posting on social media like Facebook is so boring. Who cares who you went to lunch with or who you got your hair done by, etc..
Does that really increase QVC sales?
Respected Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
Just my opinion, but all that posting on social media like Facebook is so boring. Who cares who you went to lunch with or who you got your hair done by, etc..

Agree....I don't follow or look at any Q host social media....or any celebrity ...I only use FB for my friends. 

Honored Contributor

090503_020557_80351446.gif

Contributor
@MarnieRez3: “We are discussing the importance of remaining relevant as employees and the current economic market for retail. It may have gone over your head.”

😂
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I used to watch D&Co. for years and years. Carolyn & Dan are gone, period. Nevertheless, the Q hasn't chosen the right one to fill her shoes. I've given all a try, but I don't even look anymore to see what they offer. The right one isn't Jayne. Both Gary & Jayne are a big snooze & I don't watch any more. I'm sure D&Co. has lost many customers since Carolyn is gone. 

@febe1.  Truthfully, I don't think they're looking for "the one".  After the Carolyn debacle,  I'm sure they've concluded that it's  more feasible to not let one person become deeply entrenched as "the face of D&C".  Better to let hosts take their turn at it.  It's not so "special" anymore as people become disenchanted with the brand.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: I MISS CAROLYN GRACIE

[ Edited ]

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:

@Steffdoggy10   QVC has to try to be relevant to the present and future of sales.  Social media is absolutely crucial because that's how an increasingly enormous part of the population interacts, shops, and communicates on a daily basis.  

Any retailer not proficient in drawing those eyes in from social media will struggle.  Any large business selling anything is on social media.  That's why some top tier "Influencers" have become millionaires -- they figured out how to get & keep followers.  The more followers, the more they will buy from you, and try any new venture you have.  

QVC cannot operate like it's 1990.  

Respected Contributor

It is no longer the QVC of 1990.

Qurate has evolved and moved on.

Many have not and will be left behind.  Which is fine, but pining for the olden days won't bring them back.

Respected Contributor

Re: I MISS CAROLYN GRACIE

[ Edited ]

Maybe people will get past this unpleasant situation once they've had the opportunity to vent a little. I've had my say a few times and now I am moving on Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Marnie Rez--

Post of the day! Cat Indifferent 

Honored Contributor

COOKIN129.gif