Trusted Contributor

Re: How long does it Typically Take QVC to Ship an Item?

i order alot usually get my things within 7 days, i've gotten a few things sooner.. i remember around xmas last yr, it was shipped out the same day.... thats is unless it's on waitlist, that takes awhile....... i've never had any problems with delivery

Super Contributor

I have ordered a laptop from the Q, not Dell, but HP. It also is a custom order, but I did receive mine when it was scheduled to arrive. Not sure if the Christmas season might slow down the process or not.

I will say that for those who like to order other items and think they can cancel, take caution, because during the last two weeks before Christmas most things ship very quickly.

Vicki{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

New Contributor

Not going to cancel like the 6 payments too much and no one local has it.
Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 Pasco08 said:

Saying the 24th and it ships from Dell so..... I hope it gets here by then.

I would NOT count on that. Even if they ship on time, they can't control things like weather or massive amounts of packages that could delay delivery and this allows for no wiggle room at all.

You have options: You can cancel and purchase locally. You can call customer service and see if they can overnight ship, which may knock a day or two off of the time but will cost a bundle. You can also wrap up a mouse, a computer game or some other peripheral/software item that will work with the computer and give that to your brother to open on Christmas. (You can even download the computer specs from QVC and stick those in an envelope for him to open on Christmas day.)

Personally, if I felt like I got a good deal or a deal that fit my budget and I knew it would be arriving soon, I'd go for that last option. He's still getting the computer and he gets something to open and gets to extend the joy of getting something new a little longer.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in the South, and I've received items after ten days. I called CS, and they just told me it was on the way. No apology, nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

I would not think so. You could put a card under the tree saying something wonderful is coming ...