Respected Contributor

If you are on wait list, does QVC give you warning before the item ships?

Can you cancel a wait listed item at any time?  If it gets too close to Christmas, I'll have to do something else if it looks like the item isn't coming. 

thanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How does wait list work?

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue     You can cancel a waitlist order at any time.  However, once it goes into the shipping process (and we know that is not always immediate out of the QVC warehouse), you can't stop it. My experience is the only notification you will receive is "waitlist #### has shipped).  There will be no update notifications, nor a message asking if you still want the item if it arrives back in inventory.  

Respected Contributor

The Q does not provide a notice prior to shipping but you may cancel at any time. I've used waitlist a number of times and they usually come through. When I order by waitlist I go ahead and deduct the money from my bank account so it's always covered.

Respected Contributor

I think the chances of receiving a Waitlist item depends on the item. My experience is that I've had less a chance of receiving a clothing or beauty item, but total success with food items.

Honored Contributor

Not sure about currently, but it used ot be if it took longer than 45 days to arrive, your waitlist item was automatically cancelled. 

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Another new name Sue     You can cancel a waitlist order at any time.  However, once it goes into the shipping process (and we know that is not always immediate out of the QVC warehouse), you can't stop it. My experience is the only notification you will receive is "waitlist #### has shipped).  There will be no update notifications, nor a message asking if you still want the item if it arrives back in inventory.  

This is most important.

You can cancel anytime up to processing.  The problem is that there is no advance notice of when your item will be in stock and processed.  It could be sitting on waitlist for a month and then one day it's processing and can't be canceled.

So the best thing to do is to keep checking your order status regularly if you want to cancel by a certain date.

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't had much luck receiving a waitlist item . Atleast you can cancel if  you find something else instead of waiting .

Respected Contributor

Did anyone hear a comment about the possibility of receiving Beekman items before Christmas?

Thank you for all the above comments.