Honored Contributor

Probably into the ground. I think they are trying to appeal to a younger audience.

Honored Contributor

Forgot to add that I dislike the phone calls, the overly long presentations and the lack of variety in what they are selling. Too many shoes and handbags!!!

But I am sure the Q has experts that know what they are doing.

And I dislike all the early holiday stuff.

Honored Contributor

First, I'd get a fully competent IT staff...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley

I love the comment about no squealing or screaming unless you are being attacked on air by a Zombie. LOL

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Probably into the ground. I think they are trying to appeal to a younger audience.

...  and instead, they're not appealing to much of anybody...

Woman Wink

(Just a little humor folks, and speaking purely for myself...)

Honored Contributor

Actually, I've given this 'younger audience' concept some thought and I just don't see where there would be any significant appeal to a younger audience based on their programming. Stale is stale, repetitive is repetive, no matter how young or old you might be. There might be a few lines brought in to try to capture a younger demographic, but then you look at a day like today, with hour after hour of Lock and Lock, kitchen programming, Quacker, etc... and you have to sort of think this isn't designed to appeal to the younger set... Likewise, all of those generic Christmas programs, all featuring the same rather run of the mill products... I can't see those appealing to a younger audience. Frankly, I no longer know who they're trying to appeal to, but I know they're not appealing to me...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb

I don't think its about this product or that product; it's about embracing new technologies, developing a new mindset and a adopting a fresher set of values that have been demonstrated over and over to appeal to a younger audience. 

It's also about taking a page from other retailers who can create "events" that are eagerly awaited and then shared such as Nordstrom's annual July sale or Sephora's annual beauty event. Of course, that would mean cutting prices and offering free shipping!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@stevieb

I don't think its about this product or that product; it's about embracing new technologies, developing a new mindset and a adopting a fresher set of values that have been demonstrated over and over to appeal to a younger audience. 

It's also about taking a page from other retailers who can create "events" that are eagerly awaited and then shared such as Nordstrom's annual July sale or Sephora's annual beauty event. Of course, that would mean cutting prices and offering free shipping!

I clearly agree with you @gardensla, fresh, new, anticipated, exciting AND competitive... are all sorely needed. Still, I do also think that at the end of the day, the product mix has to be desirable. Otherwise, everything else potentially falls flat...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb

True dat, sister!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@SunValley

I love the comment about no squealing or screaming unless you are being attacked on air by a Zombie. LOL

Do Stepford hosts count...?

Woman Very Happy